Custom Hardline Loop in Phantek’s Shift (non x)

Jorgejones96

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
This is my semi-finished custom hardline loop in Phanteks Shift case. Ive had this build since January but have only recently decided to share it to assist anyone else thinking about doing a similar spec build in this case. I also just wanted to show off the Primochill Vue Fluid Hah!

Cooling
You will need a MINIMUM of 240mm worth of radiator. 120mm no matter how thick will not be able to dissipate the amount of heat being dumped into the loop. I also believe the fans i have used are necessary for adequate cooling. I switched them out for lower rpm Noctua's and the air flow was not enough to keep temps in a safe range, so you will need to put up with the roar of 3000RPM when loading up your system. If you plan on overclocking the processor a delid will be required to push any voltage 1.3v or higher. Pushing past 1.3v without a delid at 4.8GHz resulted in instant 90 degree temps in prime95 v26.6 followed by a blue screen.

Clearance Issues
Many were saying that two EK 120mm SE Radiators wouldn't fit. However, you can force the front radiator into place. It will sit symmetrical but I've let the GPU side of the front radiator sit behind the edge of the case (not sure if the photos show that). Many also said that the riser that came stock would not be long enough to display the top side of the graphics card, it will but it need to be stretched. I flipped it without the graphics card installed, stretched it as far as I could and screwed it into place then installed the graphics card afterwards. The power cables were the issue as they would not clear the power supply properly. You can purchase low profile extensions to avoid that issue, but I just pushed the riser till it would fit. You will notice i have EK Monarch Modules on my RAM chips as i originally intended to have them in the loop. The issue was that with the block and fittings installed, I didn't have enough clearance with the side panel. I now have Dominator Platinums installed and they still look great!

Tricks
You would of noticed i don't have a reservoir in the build, but i did use one and removed it after bleeding the loop with quick disconnects. From the D5 pump i used black soft line to the top of the case as its discrete and allowed me to navigate hard bends. On end of that line is the quick disconnect that connects to the outlet of the reservoir. When the hardline outlet from the graphics card reaches the top of the case it also goes to soft tubing with a quick disconnect that connects to the inlet of the reservoir. Also take not of the bend connecting the two radiators. It needs to be done like that as the bend is simply too sharp to do with hardline - i tried and failed.

Temperatures
5GHz 1.3v with stable temps in Prime95 at 75. Idles at 33.
1080 Ti FE at 2050MHz Core and 12010MHz Memory with stable temps at 60 in Heaven. Idles at 27.
RAM at 3300MHz 16-18-18-37 1.4v, SA 1.15v, VCCIO 1.20v.

Parts List.
CPU: Intel i5 8700k $499
MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming ITX Motherboard $339
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition $1200
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz $300
PSU: Corsair SF600 $169
Case: Phanteks Shift $149
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250G x2 $258
Noctua NF-F12 120mm 3000RPM PWM Fan x2 $70
Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm PWM 1850RPM x1 $39
EK Coolstream SE 120mm Slim x2 $98
EK-XTOP Revo D5 RGB PWM $179
EK-FC GeForce GTX FE RGB $189
EK-FB ASUS Z270I Strix RGB Monoblock $159

Photos:
Had a few questions that I answered on my reddit post that you can find here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/8fx5z0/phanteks_shift_hardline_custom_loop/

Will add photos of the top internals of the case soon. Let me know what you think, ask some questions, and drop some pics of your Shift builds!

EDIT 1: I just added the additional photos of the top of the case so you can see my runs. You may need to actually go to the imgur page to see the additional photos. As you may notice one of the soft tubing lines are a touch short as it was meant to run around the very edge of the case. However, it doesn't effect use of the motherboard or gpu ports so it will be staying like this,

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Very nice build, one of the nicest I have seen in a Shift. Curious where you live or bought your parts, extremely high prices for what is listed.

Reactions: Jorgejones96