Custom Case - ExChromeLeopard

BoloisBolo

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
Hey guys working on my second custom case(first was project Flip) and going even smaller now. Will post more details as I go along but for now here's a quick render I made.

Reactions: confusis

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Looks pretty cool and even better in terms of size/power than your Flip case.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Bifurcated heterogeneous GPU set-up? I'm intrigued. It's a pity you're going to dual Nano's, but that will probably save you some headaches.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
this is going to be one interesting build. Excited to see how the nanos performs under watercooling.

Have you considered just sticking with one 240mm rad though?

I really think that would be enough, since the Nano's TDP is only 175w, times two ofcourse.

According to hwlabs. their Nemesis 240GTX is capable of 1000w @ 25Δ, so it's pretty safe to say that it will manage your Nano's at 15Δ.

http://www.hardwarelabs.com/nemesis...iew=article&id=3&Itemid=108#performance-chart

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
this is going to be one interesting build. Excited to see how the nanos performs under watercooling.

Have you considered just sticking with one 240mm rad though?

I really think that would be enough, since the Nano's TDP is only 175w, times two ofcourse

If anyone is ever in doubt about whether or not they have enough radiator area to cool their components, just remember: The R9 295x2, a 500W dual-GPU solution, relied on a single 120mm radiator and had well-reviewed (if not astonishing) temperatures.

If that slab of molten lava graphics card can be cooled in such a manner, I'm pretty sure two Nano's and even a CPU will be just fine on 240mm of radiator space. Maybe the temperatures won't be stellar, but they'll be totally fine, and you could probably spin the fans pretty low if you sourced good ones, to boot.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
If anyone is ever in doubt about whether or not they have enough radiator area to cool their components, just remember: The R9 295x2, a 500W dual-GPU solution, relied on a single 120mm radiator and had well-reviewed (if not astonishing) temperatures.

If that slab of molten lava graphics card can be cooled in such a manner, I'm pretty sure two Nano's and even a CPU will be just fine on 240mm of radiator space. Maybe the temperatures won't be stellar, but they'll be totally fine, and you could probably spin the fans pretty low if you sourced good ones, to boot.

Good to head that I'm not the only one. According to techpowerup, the card reached a maximum of of 68c OC'd under furmark.

Thats pretty low for 500W(!!) on a single fairly thin 120 rad.

That GTX rad from HWlabs I linked is regarded as one of the best, so I think you'll manage to have stellar temps with one of those.

You save a lot of room at least.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
You just need to be cognizant of maximum temperatures of components in the water loop. For instance, the DDC and D5 pumps have a maximum water temperature in operation of 60°C. The Asetek pumps on the R9 295X2 may have had a higher rating.

The GTX radiators are somewhat thick...the GTS radiators are <30mm and can dissipate 750W from a 240mm unit.

BoloisBolo

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
Mmm all good ideas. I think I'm planning on sticking with 360 rad space because I have nothing else to put there haha. I am thinking of getting the Silverstone 700 sfx-l when it comes out for some overclocking headroom but if I do I think I'm going to have to make my own custom pump top. (more fun! (seriously)).

Edit: Here's the back side so you can see the layout a bit more.