SFF.Network CRYORIG at Computex 2017

Ever since Computex last year, we've been looking forward to seeing CRYORIG's Taku case in the flesh. For those that are unfamiliar, the Taku is a unique combination of monitor stand and PC case, with the base model coming replete with wooden feet (an unusual material in the enclosure space, to say the least)...

See more here.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The 10°C improvement needs verification since it's way outside the expected result.

So don't throw out your current heatsink just yet :)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
When I was talking with Steve from Cryorig today and mentioned that the LP53 outgunned the L9i by 6-7 degrees he seemed quite surprised. I think they have a lot of testing left to do on this heatsink before they even determine if it is worth moving to production.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I wish they'd release the copper versions of the R1 and H5 anyway, just a big warning sticker on it. I'd love to see people design an SFF case using these on the X299-ITX/ac or X370-ITX/ac boards.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Hopefully by that time, @dondan 's HSLP-48 will come to fruition. There can be a four-way between the LP53, L9(AM4/i), C7 Copper, and HSLP-48. Would make a good read.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
This reminds me of the beautiful Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme copper at 1.9 kg (roughly 4.19 lbs). I was never fond of Zalman's copper CNPS series though.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Been looking at the performance numbers for the C1 (damn you, GAS) and it performs kinda close to noctua's C14S (except overclocking where the C14S was about 4-ish degrees cooler). I wonder if the copper C1 would outperform it, and would it be worth the early switch...

(once again, DAMN YOU GAS)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Everything I've seen puts the C7 3-4 degrees behind the L9i, but I plan to do a cooler shootout sometime in the next month or so to get this information for myself. If the LP53 vs. L9i data we have is any indication, I would expect the copper C7 to end up a couple degrees ahead of the L9i. Personally I think the C7 has a few significant design flaws with respect to airflow and ultimately this will prevent it from ending up way out in front. That being said, I really like the Cryorig people and hope they can knock one out of the park.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I'm personally looking forward to the Cryorig M9a CU (non-cu version is $19.99). At a height of just 124.6mm, it will fit into most chassis provided you don't have a PSU directly over the CPU.

The next cooler up is the H7 @ 145mm. While 'taller' it's still of the smallest 120mm tower heatsinks on the market and for RGB fans, the H7 Quad lumi actually looks pretty cool.