Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Highscore

Cable Smoosher
Aug 13, 2020
The point is that on this motherboard the thantal capacitors on the back of the processor socket are located differently from other motherboards. Because of this, MSI made a non-standard mounting frame (bracket, plate... whatever). So Nouvolo backplate on 3 image will be incompatible with MSI B550 motherboard. But this is one of the most interesting motherboards. I think that the demand for this board is very high, since it has one of the best VRMs, excellent overclocking potential of memory and processor. Plus, many will buy it precisely because of the installed network card from Realtek, but not Intel.
Although it is possible that I did not understand correctly how the waterblock and pump combo are installed. If this black frame from 3 image is attached above the processor to the pre-installed frame, then, of course, there will be no problems.

You're explaining something to me when I already indicated I have the same board. I am aware of the nonstandard design, but it clearly can be worked around so long as the position of the mounting screws line up as other products do not have the problem since they do not require another backplate.

Reactions: Fitchew

Shipright

Caliper Novice
Jan 30, 2020
yes, I sourced it, don’t think it can be custom made with quantities and price considered ?

Of course for production. But maybe you prototyped it yourself. Copper is tough to work without lots of expensive equipment or skill so if you had done it I wanted to hear about it!

Highscore

Cable Smoosher
Aug 13, 2020
It's just my misunderstanding. Sorry for that.

Nah, I was being rude, sorry for that.

Recently on reddit someone posted their custom res/pump mount for the backside of the Ncase. idk if his few notes would be useful to you, but you can see the design here and here. What I think is most interesting is his note about splitting the outlet into 2 pipes instead of just one in order to balance out the pressure on the pump. Also, how he created a buffer for the air to stop air from getting into the pump impeller.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
O-rings all good? More photos to follow. Preparing for tests and to get wet?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
To interested sff testers:

I may prepare a google form for those who are interested. Will need to fill in email address and your order info, so that I can follow that up with e-invoice and bulk quantity sourcing. As usual, I will offer some discount (don't know how much yet?) only for SFF peeps here.

Unofficial

Cable Smoosher
May 31, 2020
It's great to see some progress here. I'm excited to see the results from the tests. If it proves successful and pre-orders are opened, I'll definitely try to be one of the first in line.

Reactions: bricemx