Cooling at the back side of motherboard for M.2 ssd

zerone

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 19, 2020
I am planning to build a new PC using the DAN A4 case. I want to sort out a few questions so that I can figure out what components I can have for them to work inside this case. I am planning to use two M.2 ssd as my sole storage device. My main concern is the cooling of the 2nd M.2 mounting at the back of the motherboard. I plan to have a Noctua A9x14 fan mounted on the bottom of the motherboard to introduce an upward air stream, but don't know how effective it will be on cooling the backside M.2 ssd.
1. What is the clearance between the backside of the motherboard and the mid divider?
2. Are there risers that I can use for raising up the motherboard from the mid divider to increase this gap for better air flow? (I shall use the Asetek 645LT for CPU cooling, so no concern on the headroom for the CPU fan).

Any help will be much appreciated.?

zerone

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 19, 2020
I should kick myself. After a more detail search on case hardware, I've found tones of motherboard standoffs to choose from. This should have solve the cooling problem of the M.2 ssd at the back side of the motherboard.

Any concern/advice on this way of cooling the backside of the motherboard?