News Cooler Master launching new LP CPU coolers at Computex

I suppose we'll see more detail on these in the coming days, hopefully including specs and real-world pictures rather than renders, but these still look interesting. A cheaper (RGB-ified - you be the judge whether that's good or bad) alternative to the NH-L9a/i and L9x65? CM is usually cheaper than Noctua, at least. I like the minimalist design.

I suppose there are some people who will be very happy about a new alternative for 92mm RGB fans too, though I'd likely just turn it off.

Source: Wccftech (yeah, I know). There's a bunch of other, non-SFF coolers there too, including one that replaces the heatpipes with a U-shaped vapor chamber (so essentially a single really wide heatpipe), and what looks like a slightly smaller version of the Wraith Ripper for non-TR4 sockets.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Looks cool, probably taller than the l9i.
Definitely excited for more slim b92mm options.

Edit:
Ah, I see.
Two variants, one is 39mm and the other is 58mm.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
By 1-2 degrees off the Noctua I meant warmer, but yeah would be nice to have a legitimately available heatsink (ie. not Thermolab/ID Cooling) in the sub 40mm class. A decrease in price would be lovely as well.

Reactions: Nanook

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
If the 58mm comes with a 92x15mm fan, then using an ultra slim 12mm thick fan could allow it to fit into a lot of neat sff cases with a max clearance of 55mm

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I wonder if the bases will turn out to be aluminum like the Thermaltake X3.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
By 1-2 degrees off the Noctua I meant warmer, but yeah would be nice to have a legitimately available heatsink (ie. not Thermolab/ID Cooling) in the sub 40mm class. A decrease in price would be lovely as well.
I got that, and I'd gladly take a barely-noticeable thermal difference like that if these are that cheap :) The 39mm one would probably pair excellently with the Ryzen 7 3700X at 65W :) 8c16t 4.4GHz in under 40mm? Yes please.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
The press release says $40 for both coolers, so not cheaper than the L9.
MSRP of the L9 is $49 or $50, no? I also see sales on CM products quite frequently. But still a bit disappointing. Suppose CM is trying to move upmarket.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
MSRP of the L9 is $49 or $50, no? I also see sales on CM products quite frequently. But still a bit disappointing. Suppose CM is trying to move upmarket.

L9 has been $40 for the longest time. Silverstone LP coolers are also $40 so you can expect CM to be $40.

The RGB fan does add to the cost.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
L9 has been $40 for the longest time. Silverstone LP coolers are also $40 so you can expect CM to be $40.

The RGB fan does add to the cost.
According to the spec/info posters at their stand, the RGB fan is "optional", though it doesn't seem clear if that means it can be switched off or if there will be a non-RGB version. If it's the latter that might turn out cheaper, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same (they can make lack of RGB into a premium feature too!). Also, the finish on the taller version at least is very, very rough. Looks like a relatively early prototype.