Cooler Master 130 Elite Case Mod

Shattucknick

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
Recently I got to modding a CoolerMaster 130. This was to replace my full tower PC but I didn't want to skip out on looks just to go ITX. Because there were no ITX cases that suited me and didn't cost more than I wanted to spend I decided to mod one of the cheapest cases. Along the way I did run into some snags due to the way the case is constructed but in the end I think it turned out all right.

First some pictures of the original case for reference:

These pictures are while I was still cutting metal and figuring everything out:

This is the end result after painting and fabrication:
There is a channel down one side to run cables and I intend to put a rubber grommet on it but I need to figure out where the 24pin needs to come out first. I also intend to cover the PSU hole in the back and make a bracket to mount a SFX at the front drawing intake from the side. That is why I did not make the window bigger on the right side. I also intend to mount a 120mm radiator where the 5.25" drive bay use to be which is now modified to provide mounting. The only thing I have left to do is fill the front facia. I originally intended to have an infinity mirror at the front but decided against it. I am still trying to figure out what to put there instead. Perhaps some marble (fake marble I don't have the tools to cut the real stuff to size). If you have any ideas for what to put up front let me know. I will post again when I have a computer inside it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I choose to use a piece of backsplash for that front area. I went with a tiled look that shows light through some of the pieces. I fit it real tight and then just put some hot glue on it to make sure it wouldn't get punched out the back. Before I go any further I want to get my system so it will be a while before I add anything else.

Fitted with the backsplash. Also put some metal rods painted white to cover some gaps on the sides. I also plan to continue using some of this backsplash inside the case somehow.

Here is it with some lights behind it. camera makes it look bad but in person it is evenly lit and not overly bright. Exactly what I wanted. Once the glue is cured on some things I will be able to fit it together. Next post of it should be it finished after I get some new components. Couple things I still need to do: Make a PSU mount for the front of the case, Make a ventilated cover for the original PSU hole, Touchup some of the paint in a couple spots, Make dust filters if possible.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not cleaned up in this but you get the idea. Had to extend every wire on the 24pin by ~2 inches. Also the HDD sata power cable practically touches the front fan its a hairs width apart but in the end I like it. Would change things if I were to rebuild it but so far it has not failed to impress everyone who has walked in and seen it. Forget tempered glass, granite and quartz are the future.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looks good!

What kind of hardware are you planning to put in it?

Shattucknick

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
Looks good!

What kind of hardware are you planning to put in it?

CPU: i7-6700k
Cooler: NZXT Kraken 120mm x 120mm. Might go with DeepCools AIO instead cause it fits my white theme.
MOBO: Asus H110l-PLUS Mini ITX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2133 2x8gb
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD and WD Blue 1TB HDD
GPU: Founders GeForce GTX 1070
PSU: Corsair SF 450
Extra: NZXT Riing 120mm Fans (might choose something else later haven't looked around to much)

Last edited:
Reactions: jeshikat

Shattucknick

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
Sorry for not posting in a while. I have long since finished this project but between graduation, moving, ect. I got distracted. I am going to add a ton of pictures and if anyone has any questions just ask cause I don't even remember how I was originally setting this all up.

Reactions: iFreilicht