Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Jerdz

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2019
I had to make an account purely for coming across these case’s! I’m currently in the process of shrinking down my ATX build to SFF, but have been banging my head against a wall for a while due to the limited options with my 2.5 slot 307mm GPU.
I was fairly set (and not entirely happy, considering the size aka not really SFF) on buying a TU150 as I felt it was my only option considering thermals with my 8700K (I understand the SM560 would also fit my GPU, but I know I’d struggle with my 8700K), but now the CONSWOLE has saved me ?. Decent space for an air cooler, easily fitting my GPU and actually SFF!

Now we wait.....
Congratulations! I've hated the TU150 too, they glorify it too much for itx builds but it's not really SFF.

Reactions: STLamy

STLamy

Efficiency Noob
Jan 4, 2020
Congratulations! I've hated the TU150 too, they glorify it too much for itx builds but it's not really SFF.
I agree! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen some lovely builds online of the TU150 and it’s unique in its size bracket for being able to fit an NH-D15...... but coming from an S340 it’s not the SFF I’m going for.

Anyway, I don’t want to stray the topic too much! Seems like their reddit page is saying mid to late Jan. Would this mean orders+shipping, or just orders?

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
My wallet is ready.

Hoping Sliger has recovered from their overwhelming success. I've never looked this much forward to moving my build. Usually I dread it because you know have to disassemble and then reassemble everything.

jkiejr

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2018
Building a new rig and i love my sm550, but my pulse 5700xt barely fits in it and i am looking for some more clearance for the cpu cooler. It was either the ncase m1 or just upsize to the 560 and keep the same cpu clearance. I am glad i saw this. Might just wait for the conswole. It looks to fit all the check boxes for my new build and its make my sliger and love the craftsmanship of the 550. The only thing that would make it beter is if it came in white.

Reactions: rfarmer

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
Building a new rig and i love my sm550, but my pulse 5700xt barely fits in it and i am looking for some more clearance for the cpu cooler. It was either the ncase m1 or just upsize to the 560 and keep the same cpu clearance. I am glad i saw this. Might just wait for the conswole. It looks to fit all the check boxes for my new build and its make my sliger and love the craftsmanship of the 550. The only thing that would make it beter is if it came in white.

I heard somewhere there may be a cerb mini design coming sometime in the future, if you're willing to wait that long haha.

Otherwise this is a fantastic choice, good price, good hardware compat, sliger quality.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Should have pictures next week of both CONSOLE (2-slot) and CONSWOLE (3-slot) - looking really good!

CONSMOLE will be mothballed for now.

The ATX "console" case will have a different name, TBD.

The current design has a ball stud panel on the open side, once that is opened there really is no need to take any other panels off as the case is very open for cable management and airflow.
I know this is way late in the game and not really relevant to this release and I also know that you are working on the Cerberus Mini (which sounds incredible) but if you decide to bring the Consmole back into the equation can you possibly do it in the Velka 3/k39/Metalfish s3/CCD MI-6 format? I know it's a different layout but the way you are building this case aesthetically and with the hidden screws I think would make this the best 4L case on the market. Just a thought.

Reactions: MrFizzyBubbs

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I know this is way late in the game and not really relevant to this release and I also know that you are working on the Cerberus Mini (which sounds incredible) but if you decide to bring the Consmole back into the equation can you possibly do it in the Velka 3/k39/Metalfish s3/CCD MI-6 format? I know it's a different layout but the way you are building this case aesthetically and with the hidden screws I think would make this the best 4L case on the market. Just a thought.

I had just posted a different take on consmole on Reddit. What about an APU case? Chop the console or conswole in half. Possible low profile expansion card support, but even without that, it would be a tasty APU case with SFX support. I'm not happy with the current crop of APU cases out there, with less than ideal PSU setups (external bricks or noisy flex PSUs).

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I had just posted a different take on consmole on Reddit. What about an APU case? Chop the console or conswole in half. Possible low profile expansion card support, but even without that, it would be a tasty APU case with SFX support. I'm not happy with the current crop of APU cases out there, with less than ideal PSU setups (external bricks or noisy flex PSUs).

Perfect as this is what I had planned with Consmole anyhow - will be basically a SFX + ITX board case. Might make it possible to put an ITX GPU in if used with a DC brick, but would require swapping out a rear panel. Will see how design on it goes.

That would be more in line with the SV series, but is on my possible ideas list!

My wallet is ready.

Hoping Sliger has recovered from their overwhelming success. I've never looked this much forward to moving my build. Usually I dread it because you know have to disassemble and then reassemble everything.

We're still struggling but getting there, hired some new people to help moving things faster. Will have some stuff on Conswole / Console by end of month.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
That would be more in line with the SV series, but is on my possible ideas list!

Would love to see what else you come up with. I personally don't like the SV line, at least aesthetically, the least due to the vent pattern but that's just my opinion.

Still looking forward to the console line up though

Last edited:

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019
Perfect as this is what I had planned with Consmole anyhow - will be basically a SFX + ITX board case. Might make it possible to put an ITX GPU in if used with a DC brick, but would require swapping out a rear panel. Will see how design on it goes.

Yeah but this almost sounds like the j-hack mk2 though but with support for an sfx PSU. Do you think there is a bigger market for this type of case? The Velka 3 can't even come close to staying in stock. With the aesthetics you'd provide you'd be looking at an insanely popular case. Maybe consider making a smaller SM series case?

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
This is going to be further delayed. We cannot get PCIe risers out of China, factory is closed until 10th "at best".

Will keep the inventory we have on hand allocated to SM5XX and SV590 units to avoid issues with those.

But have you though about using these instead -

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
This is going to be further delayed. We cannot get PCIe risers out of China, factory is closed until 10th "at best".

Will keep the inventory we have on hand allocated to SM5XX and SV590 units to avoid issues with those.

But does this mean we will be able to place orders for it still? I do not mind ordering the case with no rise, as I have my own.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah but this almost sounds like the j-hack mk2 though but with support for an sfx PSU. Do you think there is a bigger market for this type of case? The Velka 3 can't even come close to staying in stock. With the aesthetics you'd provide you'd be looking at an insanely popular case. Maybe consider making a smaller SM series case?
This is what I'd want to see. While the Console competes with the Node 202, I'd like a possible Consmole to compete with the smallest console-style cases such as the Skyreach S4M and SGPC K29. Being completely honest, I ALMOST gave up on waiting for the Console and decided on that K29, because getting a computer that small with an ITX GPU and internal FlexATX unit is ideal to me compared to APU or power brick solutions. However I really want to go with a Sliger case and support something made in the US, plus the K29 is only offered in Silver and I'd really rather have something in black.

@KSliger Any thoughts on FlexATX/1U PSUs in general?

This is completely understandable taking into account both the Chinese New Year holiday along with the ongoing virus outbreak. Those factors are completely out of your control and I'll be ready to make the purchase whenever you can get them out. It will give you plenty of time to catch up on production of your current cases, so hopefully once the risers are available again you'll be all set!