Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I want to see the design of the biggest version first, since swapping to atx open alot of possibilities for me , even if I wouldnt use the rad space

Lemonsharks

What's an ITX?
Oct 28, 2019
Is it possible to mount 25mm fans on the top of the gpu in the 3 slot version of the case?

I have this setup for my GPU in the Node 202 and it really helps with the case temps with it pulling hot air out of the case and I think it would be great for the Console as well.

That or have the PCIe mount on the back of the Console a screwed in plate so that the user can reverse the orientation to have the GPU to face the 2 fans in the shroud and keep the ability to use the 3rd slot for some other PCIe expansion as well. I don't know how feasible that would be cost wise but that would be a great option to have for the case.

Definitely getting one on release, love this form factor :)

Reactions: KSliger

ac1617

Case Bender
New User
Oct 24, 2019
Is it possible to mount 25mm fans on the top of the gpu in the 3 slot version of the case?

I have this setup for my GPU in the Node 202 and it really helps with the case temps with it pulling hot air out of the case and I think it would be great for the Console as well.

That or have the PCIe mount on the back of the Console a screwed in plate so that the user can reverse the orientation to have the GPU to face the 2 fans in the shroud and keep the ability to use the 3rd slot for some other PCIe expansion as well. I don't know how feasible that would be cost wise but that would be a great option to have for the case.

Definitely getting one on release, love this form factor :)

Check out page 4, they are doing one better. Two slim 120mm fans mounted behind the GPU so air is pulled through one end and exhausted out the other.

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
I am going to instantly preorder the SWOLE.

It sounds almost too good to be true.

Barely more volume than a node 75mm CPU cooler, 3 slot GPU, 145mm height and 330mm length.
Hit's every single one of my boxes, and more ventilation is always nice.

Targeted price is good too.

Reactions: HZCH and KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Is anyone really planning to lay this case flat, or would upright (takes up less desk space) be the primary way you'd orient it?

Asking because 3-slot version is really hard to make look remotely decent laid down, but I can do a pretty unique / modernish design when upright:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Is anyone really planning to lay this case flat, or would upright (takes up less desk space) be the primary way you'd orient it?

Asking because 3-slot version is really hard to make look remotely decent laid down, but I can do a pretty unique / modernish design when upright:

For me I'd stand it upright. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the slab base on the smaller model like initially portrayed. I prefer a foot like stand of the sentry/salvo models. But I appreciate the cost efficiency of the flat slab for sure. :)

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
I would want to lay it out flat actually and add some feet or something, would be nice to have the option.

I get it if it adds too much to the design time/costs.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

I'd most likely utilize this chassis in its upright orientation to minimize the footprint. That said, I'm not even sure that a 3-slot thick chassis would fit into all that many entertainment centers laid flat anyway for that matter.

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
Is it stable upright? Tip-over proof?
Can you share some of your omni-directional designs?

I personally would fashion some magnetic feet myself, so if it's side mounting feet you're worried about breaking the aesthetic don't do that.

I'm one of those people anxious about my computer falling over.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I'd be doing stand up myself. By the way, since you are renaming the cases, do you think you should update the title post?

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018

that doesnt look that bad laying on the side , I am fine with either standing or laying down

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019

I was definitely thinking of laying this flat but I was also leaning more towards the smaller Console version, not necessarily the chunkier version. Was probably going to lay it flat using it hooked up to my TV. Granted, the cabinetry below my TV has moveable shelving so I could probably fit the chunky version flat too.

Then again, I'd probably get the vertical stand too in case I ever moved the case around too, but at least right now I'd probably be using either version laying flat.

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
Im still worried for the termals in the small one...
Is there a way for you to expand the ventilation a little more in those places?

What do others think?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will probably keep the case almost identical to post on page 4, just changed the front panel to not use screws.

Im still worried for the termals in the small one...
Is there a way for you to expand the ventilation a little more in those places?

I increased the density of them vs all other holes on the case, won't look too odd but will help airflow.

If it comes down to it I'm sure I could find some rubber feet with adhesive and make it lay flat if I wanted to.

I will include adhesive feet with every unit, save your $.

Is it stable upright? Tip-over proof?
Can you share some of your omni-directional designs?

I personally would fashion some magnetic feet myself, so if it's side mounting feet you're worried about breaking the aesthetic don't do that.

I'm one of those people anxious about my computer falling over.

The 2-slot is very unstable without the flat base, doubt the 3-slot will be a whole lot better.

Doing a couple different ideas for the base, will post tomorrow.

I like the new version. It looks as if the case will get plenty of air from below with it raised up as you show.

Unfortunately this was not very stable based on CoM math, will have to make a future larger cases based on that design.

For me I'd stand it upright. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the slab base on the smaller model like initially portrayed. I prefer a foot like stand of the sentry/salvo models. But I appreciate the cost efficiency of the flat slab for sure. :)

Rolling back to the original flat base plate for now due to the low cost and high stability. Tried a few different bend ideas and they all seem likely to scratch furniture or add $ to price for no reason.

Really trying to keep these focused on that lower price target.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
imo, go with flat base. I am sure you can easily add those good looking stand as an upgrade. And subjectively speaking, I see nothing wrong with the flat base.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
is that image in proportion ? if It is I am so on getting the conswole , I can do the lying down format inside my monitor stand as well