Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

CONSOLE - 8.3L, 53mm CPU coolers, 2-slot GPU

CASE
Grained & Anodized Aluminum front panel
Steel frame with Matte Black powder coat
343mm x 356mm x 68mm
8.3L

GPU
2-slot GPU up to 145mm tall x 330mm long

FANS
2x 120mm x 15mm fans behind GPU as exhaust

MOTHERBOARD
Mini-ITX

CPU COOLERS
CPU air coolers up to 53mm tall

STORAGE
No 2.5" or 3.5" support, M.2 drives only!

POWER SUPPLY
SFX or SFX-L PSU support

CONSWOLE - 10.9L, 75mm CPU coolers, 3-slot GPU

CASE
Grained & Anodized Aluminum front panel
Steel frame with Matte Black powder coat
343mm x 356mm x 90mm
10.9L

GPU
3-slot GPU up to 145mm tall x 330mm long

FANS
2x 120mm x 15mm fans behind 3-slot GPU as exhaust
2x 120mm x 25mm fans behind 2-slot GPU as exhaust

MOTHERBOARD
Mini-ITX

CPU COOLERS
CPU air coolers up to 75mm tall

STORAGE
2x 2.5" SSD

POWER SUPPLY
SFX or SFX-L PSU support

UPDATE 11/20/19 - FIRST PICTURES OF PROTOTYPE

Most recent 3D model concept update:

OLD REV ALBUM

This is all preliminary!

Goal is to have these be inexpensive entry level boutique SFF cases. They are not intended to be the smallest; just to be easy to work with, fit almost any components, and be readily available.

Target price is either the CONSOLE at $125 ~ $149 depending on default options and if we want to include free shipping. CONSWOLE is going to be a $199 + options with free shipping.

Will only be offered in black, with either a black anodized or clear anodized ("silver") front panel.

Power switch is able to be moved to either side of case. There is built in support for one 5.25" bay, but not sure I will make that available to consumers.

Let me know your thoughts, anything I could change, ideas, etc.!

PS don't hate the name

Last edited:

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
Looks great, its a way to get removable panel like dana4, at least only the front?

i think that you can make it a little more smaller without sacrificing anything

btw, no usb panel, i like it, less wires n_n

sternbutfair

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2019
Sold. The CONSWOLE is what I’m looking for. Support for all the 2+ slot cards and support for L12S and BS3.

Only thing I would be looking for is support for a fan or two on the ends to draw warm air out of the case and help bring cool air in thru the side vents.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
"Conswole"

I hope that's not a pun on the word "swole". Probably not the best time for intentionally cringey, meme-y naming, given the XFX "THICC"/Gamer's Nexus debacle. Although I guess they are prototype names at this point? Sorry, had to comment on the name. :p

As for the case designs, I like it. Currently following another console-ish case (P-ATX here) and I think that's a niche of the SFF market that has a lot of potential. And the DTX compatibility is nice, especially seeing the X570 Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact. Also liking SFX-L, as I prefer to roll with Seasonic rather than the Corsair SFX most builds seem to use.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Sold. The CONSWOLE is what I’m looking for. Support for all the 2+ slot cards and support for L12S and BS3.

Only thing I would be looking for is support for a fan or two on the ends to draw warm air out of the case and help bring cool air in thru the side vents.

Going to make a prototype and test a few different cooling possibilities. Worst case will make it possible to put 1x 60mm fan exhausting on either end of the case (1x below GPU, 1x next to CPU VRMs.)

Looks great, its a way to get removable panel like dana4, at least only the front?

i think that you can make it a little more smaller without sacrificing anything

btw, no usb panel, i like it, less wires n_n

No tool-less panels on this, that adds a good amount to price that I was trying to avoid. See a lot of posts about people looking for something <$150 and the CONSOLE is intended to meet that need without really sacrificing quality, just reducing manufacturing labor.

Can't make it smaller in width without eliminating DTX support. Can't make it much shorter in depth without messing up the 120mm AIO + Mini GPU support. The Zotac 2070 Super Mini cards are 210mm long.

Basically case loses a ton of features to save maybe a .5L to 1L.

"Conswole"

I hope that's not a pun on the word "swole". Probably not the best time for intentionally cringey, meme-y naming, given the XFX "THICC"/Gamer's Nexus debacle. Although I guess they are prototype names at this point? Sorry, had to comment on the name. :p

As for the case designs, I like it. Currently following another console-ish case (P-ATX here) and I think that's a niche of the SFF market that has a lot of potential. And the DTX compatibility is nice, especially seeing the X570 Impact.

It is. It will probably wind up the Console X, but for now around office we call it the conswole and the even smaller version similar to the MC600 / S4M is the "Consmole".

The PATX is nice!

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Awesome :) Good price, by the way.

Any rough target date/quarter? I'm up to my eyeballs in cases this year, but want to bookmark this and probably buy one when it releases.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Awesome :) Good price, by the way.

Any rough target date/quarter? I'm up to my eyeballs in cases this year, but want to bookmark this and probably buy one when it releases.

Probably launch end of October, has a business customer backing a version of it and we also want to catch Black Friday / Christmas season.

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
The power button location seems to be a bit wasted because it butts up against the PSU and could cause issues if the pins are too long on the switch. Is it possible to move it either above or below the PSU?
Other then that I think it looks good.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
is it possible to push the compatibility to 2.5 cards on the console version?

It already should support 2.5 slot cards, I am going to put my 2070 Gaming X in it to confirm as soon as I have a prototype.

The power button location seems to be a bit wasted because it butts up against the PSU and could cause issues if the pins are too long on the switch. Is it possible to move it either above or below the PSU?
Other then that I think it looks good.

The space in front is a bit funky, but the model I have for a switch is a bit longer than the switch we actually buy - model is from Mouser, switch is from someone else - so I shouldn't have a problem with fit there. Originally I had USB ports there as well but dropped them.

Plus side the front plate can be rotated around 180 degrees to move the switch to the other side of the case behind the GPU.

I didn't really want to put it in the middle and wind up looking like Sentry / Modivo.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
"Console" is a liter-ish smaller than the S401, I wonder what is lost by losing that space.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I think a bunch of different color faceplates for the front panel would be a great option, if it's easy enough to design and manufacture inexpensive plastic plates that you can snap on the front, or otherwise interchange. That way people can easily match their decor, and if the rest of the unit is black, white, or silver (neutral/easy to match colors) then that allows for a customization option that most cases don't have. Maybe also serves as a way to cover the screws.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
"Console" is a liter-ish smaller than the S401, I wonder what is lost by losing that space.

I mount the GPU differently, less space below and likely behind it, and also the power cord he gets is a lot taller.

I think a bunch of different color faceplates for the front panel would be a great option, if it's easy enough to design and manufacture inexpensive plastic plates that you can snap on the front, or otherwise interchange. That way people can easily match their decor, and if the rest of the unit is black, white, or silver (neutral/easy to match colors) then that allows for a customization option that most cases don't have. Maybe also serves as a way to cover the screws.

I'll have to think this over as we get closer. Would be cool to have an all white case but at same time as options go up so does the price. Trying to hit the <$150 mark, worst case <$175, best case $125.

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
Will this have international shipping?

also what srews type will be have? the head cross one?

please include the pcie adapter, the power boton and the wire for the psu

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will this have international shipping?

also what srews type will be have? the head cross one?

please include the pcie adapter, the power boton and the wire for the psu

Yes, will also be available from Density Labs in the EU.

The screws on the front panel will probably be socket cap, and then most the cases will be M3 Phllips #1 flat heads, with the internal screws for motherboard being 632 / M3.5.

Price includes the riser, power button, and PSU cable.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
If you push the console one the 55mm you could take advantage of id-cooling is-60 CPU cooler which would help with higher end cpus. :)