Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Community question, looking at the Conswole’s specs, what is the best sub 75mm cpu cooler? Been looking and in my research, it’s coming up between a Cryorig C1 with the Noctua fan mod or else the Pallas.
l12s would be my cooler of choice in this case, that fitment clearance is why I am interested on the conswole

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
I'll be laying it flat, but I'll put isolation dampening rubber hemisphere feet on it. Something like youd use in audio equipment.

I believe @KSliger said he'd be including feet with the console. :) But of course if you still want you can get your own feet.

I, too, plan to lay it flat as well.

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
Should have pictures next week of both CONSOLE (2-slot) and CONSWOLE (3-slot) - looking really good!

CONSMOLE will be mothballed for now.

The ATX "console" case will have a different name, TBD.

The current design has a ball stud panel on the open side, once that is opened there really is no need to take any other panels off as the case is very open for cable management and airflow.

It's just not possible to get a 360mm AIO, SFX PSU, and an ATX board into anything much under 20L without making the case ridiculously hard to work in. Going to be tight fit as is.

Still expecting pictures this week?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Same as I posted in SV thread, we got hit with a few very big orders and a few rush orders to make customers able to get to trade shows, absolutely buried us.

Caught up now, expect to post teasers on the Console (2-slot) next week, and Conswole (3-slot version) week after that.

Will have them both up before Black Friday but might not be shipping till 2nd or 3rd week of December.

PetiteEnclosureEU

Efficiency Noob
Sep 18, 2019
Is anyone really planning to lay this case flat, or would upright (takes up less desk space) be the primary way you'd orient it?

Asking because 3-slot version is really hard to make look remotely decent laid down, but I can do a pretty unique / modernish design when upright:

Like the consoles that inspire the name, I'd be using it horizontally. It seems to me that if people wanted a case to use vertically there's already a lot of other options, including from many Sliger itself. This seems more like a Node 202 and Silverstone RVZ03 competitor to me, except with higher price but also better thermals. Am I misunderstanding the role these cases are supposed to fill in your line-up?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Like the consoles that inspire the name, I'd be using it horizontally. It seems to me that if people wanted a case to use vertically there's already a lot of other options, including from many Sliger itself. This seems more like a Node 202 and Silverstone RVZ03 competitor to me, except with higher price but also better thermals. Am I misunderstanding the role these cases are supposed to fill in your line-up?
For me, the best thing about using a console style case vertically, is the desk space it
uses. It's foot print is smaller than sandwich style cases. (Not quite as small as some vertical tower cases like the velka 5)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Final version I have settled on is intended to be laid flat, or can be stood upright.

There was just some hesitation on how the Conswole would look, chonky, but I had the same hesitation about the SM560 which outsells the SM550. Just gonna roll with the current design.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Final version I have settled on is intended to be laid flat, or can be stood upright.

There was just some hesitation on how the Conswole would look, chonky, but I had the same hesitation about the SM560 which outsells the SM550. Just gonna roll with the current design.
Do you have renders? I didn't see any in the Original Post.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I think that the important factor here is that also have betters temp than the sandwitch cases.
Are you sure about that? I thought the dual chamber design of sandwich layout provides better cooling (fresh air from both sides vs fresh air from only one side), in addition to little sharing of heat between the 2 Chambers.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Both layout have both components access to fresh air. Sandwich case still have one chamber.

If one have a better temps than the other it will be imo based on how it exhaust warm air

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Both layout have both components access to fresh air. Sandwich case still have one chamber.

If one have a better temps than the other it will be imo based on how it exhaust warm air
However recycled air (in sandwich cases) don't affect the other due to fresh, or even recycled, air being on opposite sides. Additionally in console style cases(specifically in vertical orientation) as heat rises, the CPU would be hotter (theoretically). In a horizontal orientation both the CPU and GPU have access to either fresh or recycled air from the other component.

Although there are holes in the spine and the 2 compartments are not sealed from one another, I would think it would still be considered dual chamber.

(I could be wrong in some, if not all of my points, but theoretically it makes sense to me. #provemewrong ? jk)

I do agree fully with your final point. It does, ultimately, come down to how effectively any specific case can remove warm air. Great example would be the Node 202 vs the ml08 (I think that's the right one.... It might be the Silverstone raven.... Regardless) both have the same console style layout with opposite facing components, one of which has better cooling for it's GPU due to better/different fan placement in the GPU compartment.

Reactions: Soul_Est and chyll2

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I must admit @KSliger , you look to have a couple more winners on your hands. I am definitely down to get a Console (shopping for the extra parts needed rn). It ticks much of the boxes for the RSC project I worked on previously. Will you be sharing a STEP file for those who wish to make their own custom front panels?

Last edited:

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
Excited for this case. Coincides with the Halo (console game coming to PC) collection release on Steam. Coincidence much? ;)

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Excited for this case. Coincides with the Halo (console game coming to PC) collection release on Steam. Coincidence much? ;)
Funny you say that, I was in the Halo Reach "flight" (their term for beta) and played a bit of it in my living room with an Xbox controller. Definitely reminded me of my gaming days with high school friends before I swore off consoles and paying for multiplayer functionality.

Reactions: penghutw

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
Funny you say that, I was in the Halo Reach "flight" (their term for beta) and played a bit of it in my living room with an Xbox controller. Definitely reminded me of my gaming days with high school friends before I swore off consoles and paying for multiplayer functionality.

Heh. I've pre ordered the collection. It's nice playing PC games but I feel like a lot of the online/MP ones are very similar and the communities are interesting to say the least.

I look forward to, hopefully, being able to kick back and relax and play some Halo campaign or jump in a lobby for some nostalgia.

Reactions: Soul_Est