Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I am only thinking of using 1 2.5 hdd and 1 2.5 ssd , where would these be mounted on the triple slot version ? Looking at this case specifically for triple slot support

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Venting and fan placement is designed to pull air through the case, across the CPU, PSU, and GPU, and exhaust out side away from where it can get taken back into the case. Should allow running more mid range builds such as 3700X + 2080.

3700X + 2080 midrange? o_O

Oh well, still like the airflow design. Perhaps it could even support a water-cooled gpu + slim rad combo, too! Subscribing to thread. :)

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
the final specs are still the same?

Grained & Anodized Aluminum front panel
Steel frame with Matte Black powder coat
343mm x 356mm x 68mm
8.3L

GPU
2-slot GPU up to 145mm tall x 330mm long
2-slot GPU up to 217mm long with 120mm AIO kit, 4x SSD kit, or 2x 3.5" HDD kit

MOTHERBOARD
Mini-ITX
Mini-DTX (with reference height GPU)

CPU COOLERS
CPU air coolers up to 53mm tall
120mm AIO support with <217mm long GPU
92mm AIO support with 92mm AIO kit + 120mm adapter + < 220mm GPU

STORAGE
1x 2.5" SSD (up to 6x SSD with optional kits)
2x 3.5" HDD support with <220mm long GPU

POWER SUPPLY
SFX or SFX-L PSU support

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So the conswole can only take 1 2.5 SSD? or would that still be preliminary ?

Still preliminary on that, seeing where I can fit them without causing trouble with cable management. Should be able to mount about 3 in the Conswole without adding any cost.

Lisanaadr

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2019
Hello I'm a beginner in SFF, as I could not have sentry v2, I search on the internet a similar case, I came across your case. But I live on the island of REUNION (974) French department. I am out of the country during the month of December to January 2020. I would like to know when you deliver it and how to order it and if so you deliver to REUNION OR FRANCE

rahl07

Caliper Novice
Nov 28, 2017
My jimmies are 1000% rustled, I'll be picking up at least one configuration of these cases. Question: any hope for WM tabs internally? Say what you will about the Node202, but all those little loops stamped into the metal made managing and holding wires a breeze.

Clipz98

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2019
So there's no absolutely support for an 3.5in HDD w/o a dedicated gpu or at least a SFF/single-slot card? The search has been rough for a console-sized case (with similar dimensions as the Sentry cases) that can support at least 2x 3.5 HDDs + a single-slot gpu and isn't sold out like the Sentry 2.0.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
So there's no absolutely support for an 3.5in HDD w/o a dedicated gpu or at least a SFF/single-slot card? The search has been rough for a console-sized case (with similar dimensions as the Sentry cases) that can support at least 2x 3.5 HDDs + a single-slot gpu and isn't sold out like the Sentry 2.0.
Might look into the s402. I'm not sure, but it might support dual 3.5". :)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Might look into the s402. I'm not sure, but it might support dual 3.5". :)

I am really not sure how popular 3.5" HDD support would be, particularly that it limits you to a single slot GPU.

HDD bracket sales for the SM and Cerberus is already anemic, less than 5% of orders get any form of HDD bracket.

Not sure at this point it is worth supporting in the Console. Will see what I can make work in the Conswole.

My jimmies are 1000% rustled, I'll be picking up at least one configuration of these cases. Question: any hope for WM tabs internally? Say what you will about the Node202, but all those little loops stamped into the metal made managing and holding wires a breeze.

Negative on anything for assisting cable management, adds a lot to cost to put those pressed in metal zip tie mounts. I could include ~10 adhesive mounts with every case though?

Additionally case is laid out so that the wires coming out the of PSU is not anywhere obtrusive that will require much cable management. Counter to how SM or A4 are laid out with cables going straight into the fans.

Hello I'm a beginner in SFF, as I could not have sentry v2, I search on the internet a similar case, I came across your case. But I live on the island of REUNION (974) French department. I am out of the country during the month of December to January 2020. I would like to know when you deliver it and how to order it and if so you deliver to REUNION OR FRANCE

We can ship to both, when you order just let us know where you will be and when and we will make sure it gets there when you do!

Mmm there is no ventilation behind the psu, for example i have a fanless psu and it will be good if the case have some air slots behind.

added to the fact that most sfx psu are more warmie than the normal ones.

Concern I have with adding the venting for PSUs back there is that that side of the case is intended to be the exhaust side. When the case is laid down the exhaust airflow will get trapped between table surface and the exterior of case, and will loop back into the PSU and greatly increase temps / fan speeds.

I think with both 120mm slim fans running your fanless PSU should be fine - they really over engineered that thing.

Clipz98

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2019
I am really not sure how popular 3.5" HDD support would be, particularly that it limits you to a single slot GPU.

HDD bracket sales for the SM and Cerberus is already anemic, less than 5% of orders get any form of HDD bracket.

Not sure at this point it is worth supporting in the Console. Will see what I can make work in the Conswole.

Negative on anything for assisting cable management, adds a lot to cost to put those pressed in metal zip tie mounts. I could include ~10 adhesive mounts with every case though?

Additionally case is laid out so that the wires coming out the of PSU is not anywhere obtrusive that will require much cable management. Counter to how SM or A4 are laid out with cables going straight into the fans.

We can ship to both, when you order just let us know where you will be and when and we will make sure it gets there when you do!

Concern I have with adding the venting for PSUs back there is that that side of the case is intended to be the exhaust side. When the case is laid down the exhaust airflow will get trapped between table surface and the exterior of case, and will loop back into the PSU and greatly increase temps / fan speeds.

I think with both 120mm slim fans running your fanless PSU should be fine - they really over engineered that thing.

I'm more interested in the smaller one tbh, but if there's a possibility that can fit two 3.5s in there with a signle slot GPU (gaming isn't my focus), even if it has to be a slightly ghetto mod to make it work, consider me interested!

ac1617

Case Bender
New User
Oct 24, 2019
Signed up for an account just to say I'm hella excited for this case. The slim exhaust fans in the GPU compartment is brilliant. I Currently have a Node 202 and I had to install an Arctic Cooling Accelero on my GTX 1080 and have 2 exhaust fans act as the GPU fans to keep temps under control. As others said in this thread, the issue with the Node 202 is air gets trapped in the GPU compartment. What's worse is you can have 2 intake fans in the GPU compartment to bring fresh air in... but this causes the hot air to be vented into the CPU/Motherboard chamber causing CPU temps to rise drastically.
If prices stay at the $150 mark I'll be buying one for sure. The Sentry 2.0 is just too expensive for my tastes.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Still preliminary on that, seeing where I can fit them without causing trouble with cable management. Should be able to mount about 3 in the Conswole without adding any cost.
Whoa thanks , consider me excited for this case then , I always liked your idea that SFF shouldnt be limited to 2 slot cards

Geauxst

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2019
Registered to ask a couple questions about this as I'm excited to go SFF for the first time around the end of the year this year. I'd been looking at the SM550 as ideal especially cause I can carry over my 2 2.5 drives but I stumbled upon this design and while the console layout doesn't appeal to me much aesthetically the reduced price tag really does.

Earlier you mentioned a consmole, and then the console and conswole, but so far I've only seen mockups for presumably the console and conswole. Are there still 3 versions being proto-typed? If so what is the difference between the smole and sole? (sole vs swole seem to be well documented in the thread)

Is price still kicking around the 150 or less range(pending optional add ons obviously)?

How is cooling looking with the optional rubber feet compared to the upright with base version?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Signed up for an account just to say I'm hella excited for this case. The slim exhaust fans in the GPU compartment is brilliant. I Currently have a Node 202 and I had to install an Arctic Cooling Accelero on my GTX 1080 and have 2 exhaust fans act as the GPU fans to keep temps under control. As others said in this thread, the issue with the Node 202 is air gets trapped in the GPU compartment. What's worse is you can have 2 intake fans in the GPU compartment to bring fresh air in... but this causes the hot air to be vented into the CPU/Motherboard chamber causing CPU temps to rise drastically.
If prices stay at the $150 mark I'll be buying one for sure. The Sentry 2.0 is just too expensive for my tastes.

This is the same problem on every Console layout I can find, the layout is always one of three ideas:

1. Forces air in on the GPU and blows out the CPU which ruins CPU temps (Node 202, SilverStone Raven series)
2. Uses 60mm fans to exhaust air out the side or force air across all the parts (see Logic Supply MC600)
3. Does not have exhaust or intake fans at all and requires CPU, PSU, and GPU fans running max RPM when in use. (Sentry, Taku)

Registered to ask a couple questions about this as I'm excited to go SFF for the first time around the end of the year this year. I'd been looking at the SM550 as ideal especially cause I can carry over my 2 2.5 drives but I stumbled upon this design and while the console layout doesn't appeal to me much aesthetically the reduced price tag really does.

Earlier you mentioned a consmole, and then the console and conswole, but so far I've only seen mockups for presumably the console and conswole. Are there still 3 versions being proto-typed? If so what is the difference between the smole and sole? (sole vs swole seem to be well documented in the thread)

Is price still kicking around the 150 or less range(pending optional add ons obviously)?

How is cooling looking with the optional rubber feet compared to the upright with base version?

I am going to change the current CONSOLE to be called the CONSMOLE, and the 3-slot version will be the CONSOLE.

New larger design similar to the Thermaltake G3 layout (ATX + 360mm + SFX) will be the CONSWOLE.

3-slot version looks identical to this, just a bit thick and with some small changes to internal layout.
The prototype of the 2-slot should be done early next week, and I will make any fixes and then will make a prototype of the 3-slot.
Should have them both ready by 1st week of Nov.

This 2-slot design shown in the thread will be $149 with free shipping.

Options like base plate, front panel IO, color, etc. increasing price from there.

3-slot version will be $199.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
New larger design similar to the Thermaltake G3 layout (ATX + 360mm + SFX) will be the CONSWOLE.

I've always considered the Thermaltake G3 one of those SFF cases that was forgotten about. ATX MB with full size GPU and 360mm support at 23L or so.. I think mostly because it turned out to be on the wrong side of the arbitrary 20L standard. How large will the conswole be volume wise? And will it come in patina/rust?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I've always considered the Thermaltake G3 one of those SFF cases that was forgotten about. ATX MB with full size GPU and 360mm support at 23L or so.. I think mostly because it turned out to be on the wrong side of the arbitrary 20L standard. How large will the conswole be volume wise? And will it come in patina/rust?

Crazy enough the G3 does not have 360mm radiator support, maxes out at 1x 240mm.

G3 struggled with having a really crap riser cable that crashed everyone GPUs on launch.
Most the Amazon review complain of cheap quality as well.

Will be <20L and could possibly do rust patina on it, will see, this is still a ways off.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Crazy enough the G3 does not have 360mm radiator support, maxes out at 1x 240mm.

G3 struggled with having a really crap riser cable that crashed everyone GPUs on launch.
Most the Amazon review complain of cheap quality as well.

Will be <20L and could possibly do rust patina on it, will see, this is still a ways off.

360mm wasn't officially supported, but removing HDD cage allowed it.

If conswole comes in rust patina, I'll be spoiled for choice between it and SV590