Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Just a quick question about the console case. What are the exact measurements for the GPU width? It's 2-Slot, but do you have an exact number? Would the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT fit (306x135x49mm)?

I really hate going by the measurements, as cards are all over the place, better to tell by pictures.

Confirming the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT will fit!

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
can you make a quickly video or a gif showing the case? (without building if you want)

psu sfx-l will fit?

Lisanaadr

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2019
Hello, congratulations, after missed the companion Sentry v 2.0. Now I have great hope to build my mini itx thanks to this CONSOLE.

That's it, the prototype that you show in phtoto there. Is it the version "CONSOLE - 8.3L, 53mm CPU coolers, 2-slot GPU" or another. As I contend in the picture there is 3-slot GPU like the CONSWOLE.

This case can it accept a configuration have RYZEN 3900X OR 3700 .When I can order for the island of Reunion (FRANCE), for the small of the three console 8.3L

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
Hello, congratulations, after missed the companion Sentry v 2.0. Now I have great hope to build my mini itx thanks to this CONSOLE.

That's it, the prototype that you show in phtoto there. Is it the version "CONSOLE - 8.3L, 53mm CPU coolers, 2-slot GPU" or another. As I contend in the picture there is 3-slot GPU like the CONSWOLE.

This case can it accept a configuration have RYZEN 3900X OR 3700 .When I can order for the island of Reunion (FRANCE), for the small of the three console 8.3L

the picture with the temps/testing is the console 8.3L case.

Reactions: Soul_Est

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Bumping this to let everyone know we are having a case give away on Instagram (mod let me know if promoting this is against rules?)

Giveaway includes the Console and Conswole, you will get the first one out of production well ahead of everyone else if you win and pick it!

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Bumping this to let everyone know we are having a case give away on Instagram (mod let me know if promoting this is against rules?)

Giveaway includes the Console and Conswole, you will get the first one out of production well ahead of everyone else if you win and pick it!
That is an awesome opportunity from you, thank you! I would like to question the choice of the type of social media though. Out of all the available choices, best example would have been gleam, but you chose a website where girls share their selfies? I know I am not forced to create an account to participate, but again, I am just expressing my utter confusion. You do you, mate :D

• Haha
Reactions: Skarum and Talyrius

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
The more I'm looking at piecing together a Console/Conswole build I'm leaning more towards the Conswole I think, even if my 2 slot 1070 I'm planning on using would likely work fine with the Console. Thinking down the road anyway that I could migrate my 2080 Ti that I've got in my SM580 into the Conswole maybe.

As for CPU cooling, I was planning on using a 3600 (no overclocking) and looking at the sub 70mm Noctua coolers- is there a big difference between the NH-L965 and the NH-L12S?
Or would the NH-L9 be sufficient? I'd probably prefer the L9, if only for the Chromax version for aesthetics (even though it'll all be hidden away in the case).

Any news on 2.5" SSD support for the Console/ Conswole? If the Conswole has the extra room for some 2.5 inch SSDs, that would probably push me further that direction too over the Console.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Wow! I took a second look at this and have to say that it's on my short list for a HTPC setup.

I really like that latest rendering. The face plate without the screws is gorgeous! Well done. I'm leaning towards the Conswole for it's 75mm CPU cooler height. Perfect for the Noctua L12s.

As for 2.5" drive support, would it be possible to have dual 2.5" support in the Conswole?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The more I'm looking at piecing together a Console/Conswole build I'm leaning more towards the Conswole I think, even if my 2 slot 1070 I'm planning on using would likely work fine with the Console. Thinking down the road anyway that I could migrate my 2080 Ti that I've got in my SM580 into the Conswole maybe.

As for CPU cooling, I was planning on using a 3600 (no overclocking) and looking at the sub 70mm Noctua coolers- is there a big difference between the NH-L965 and the NH-L12S?
Or would the NH-L9 be sufficient? I'd probably prefer the L9, if only for the Chromax version for aesthetics (even though it'll all be hidden away in the case).

Any news on 2.5" SSD support for the Console/ Conswole? If the Conswole has the extra room for some 2.5 inch SSDs, that would probably push me further that direction too over the Console.

If you go for the conswole, I'd go for the PH-TC12LS. it's 74mm tall and supports a standard 25mm thick 120mm fan. And it's black. Solid performance. You could also swap the fan for And quality black fan like a sf120m or bequiet's high speed varriant, although the stock fan is decent.

I wouldn't recommend the l9 simply due to it being so low and recycling warm air from inside the the case. The L12s is better than the l9x65 for temps, but has a limited ram Clearence (the l9x65 has unlimited ram Clearence)

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi
It's possible to have a size comparison between CONSOLE and node 202? (Horizontally)
Thanks in advance!

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone.
Im planning to make a build with the console case with an i5 9600k+Cryorig C7 G on the great Z390i rog strix : does the big IO shield from this MB would fit? (I know few people having problem with itx cases and that motherboard).

The most important question : what would be the better option for video card like RTX 2080 super : would it be better to use a blower version? I was planning to use RTX 2080 super FE or RTX 2080 super ventus OC...

Thanks for doing such a great work, thoses cases looks so amazing !

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hi everyone.
Im planning to make a build with the console case with an i5 9600k+Cryorig C7 A on the great Z390i rog strix : does the big IO shield from this MB would fit? (I know few people having problem with itx cases and that motherboard).

The most important question : what would be the better option for video card like RTX 2080 super : would it be better to use a blower version? I was planning to use RTX 2080 super FE or RTX 2080 super ventus OC...

Thanks for doing such a great work, thoses cases looks so amazing !

The big IO on it will fit no problem, I have the older Z290 board that is similar, as well as a Gigabyte board that has a large shroud as well and both fit fine.

I would recommend the Ventus OC and make sure to get two 120mm slim fans such as Noctua NF-A12x15.

Blower will be fine as well, but case is not designed around blower style cards so blower will not see as big of a temperature benefit.

What size is the power button opening? The stock one looks a little out of place to me

It is a 16mm anti-vandal switch, can find them all over Amazon. The hole that we mount it into is .650" diameter.

sfx-l fit?

Yes, with room to spare! I actually recommend SFX-L in this case because it fits so well.

Hi
It's possible to have a size comparison between CONSOLE and node 202? (Horizontally)
Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately I do not have a Node 202 to compare. Guess I could buy one.

Wow! I took a second look at this and have to say that it's on my short list for a HTPC setup.

I really like that latest rendering. The face plate without the screws is gorgeous! Well done. I'm leaning towards the Conswole for it's 75mm CPU cooler height. Perfect for the Noctua L12s.

As for 2.5" drive support, would it be possible to have dual 2.5" support in the Conswole?

Thank you!

Confirming there is 2x 2.5" mounting points in the Conswole.

See above on 2.5" SSD support, there will be 2x mount points.

I would recommend the L12S, people seem to really love that thing - think it is a bit quieter is why.

That is an awesome opportunity from you, thank you! I would like to question the choice of the type of social media though. Out of all the available choices, best example would have been gleam, but you chose a website where girls share their selfies? I know I am not forced to create an account to participate, but again, I am just expressing my utter confusion. You do you, mate :D

Instagram is pretty easy for now as there are tools immediately available to screen for duplicates, bot accounts, account history, etc. and make sure we send a case to a real person. Next time we do a giveaway it will be through a different format, thinking next one will be in April when tax returns hit, so look for it then!

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I just bought my ventus on black friday deals and I will definetly add those two 120mm slim fan.
One another thing :
Im worried about temperatures when the case will be in horizontal position : as the fans will exhaust warm air under the case...
Do you recommand to use the case in a vertical position?

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
@KSliger ,
Started this before you teased these beautiful console cases.
Will have to switch over I think as mine was ghetto and not sure if Silverstone will take onboard to extend the rvz03 chassis to improve, 16.4 Litres total.
Looks like I'll be able to whip in ATX board in yours like I did with theirs...

But if your able to do a one off increase in size for 20mm thick rad and 15mm fans would be all over it !

Been asked why I did the above, iTX boards still more costly then ATX . Look at B450 and it's £90 MSI Max vs £120 for their ITX version. Aorus ITX is £220 Vs their Gaming X ATX £160 . And not much increase in sizing ... Food for thought, specially of this is budget case , then budget system :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
All right, just made all the necessary purchases for my Conswole , just have to cross my fingers and hope Amazon comes through with the Asus X570-I board and wait for the Conswole to go up for preorder.

Quick question- do we know how big the base plate is for standing the Console/Conswole up vertically? I'll probably set it down horizontally in my entertainment center but I've got some extra space underneath where I could maybe fit it vertically too, depending on the dimensions of the base plate.

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
What's the thickness of the front panel on conswole?

Also, I was curious if you know of any flush-fit power buttons that could fit this, maybe with a little modding. Having a hard time finding any.

Thanks!

Last edited: