Computer components 3D models

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I spend quite a few hours modeling things on my computer and I thought it would be nice to make them available to you. 3D models where made using Sketchup, but I'll try to move to a .STEP compatible software if I can find one that is free.

I'll keep this very first post updated with the list of components and a direct link to download them. Please feel free to post any comment or ask for something that is not available. This is a hobby of mine and I'll gladly make them for the community.

CPU coolers:

- Noctua NH-U12P
- Noctua NH-D9L
- Thermalright HR-02

Video cards:

- AMD Radeon R9 Nano

Power supplies:

- Silverstone SST-SX500-LG

Radiators:

- EK Waterblocks Coolstream 240 SE

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
Latest updates:

Noctua NH-D9L (click for the GrabCAD link)

Noctua NH-U12P (click for the GrabCAD link)

Thermalright HR-02 (click for the GrabCAD link)

AMD Radeon R9 Nano (click for the GrabCAD link)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Awesome innitiative ! You are making the SFF world a better place with each and every model.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Those ones will be quite handy.

They all look fantastic, excellent work on these :)

GuilleAcoustic

Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
Thanks a lot. I'll work on a more accurate model for the SFX-L PSU, once I have the cash to buy one to replace my aging Corsair HX520W.

Again, please feel free to ask for a model you'd like me to do. I base them on external dimensions and 2D projections I find over the web (often a blueprint from the manufacturers documentation or website). For more accuracy, I'd need the said device or at least accurate mesuring from the real-life thing :).

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 16, 2015
Wish there was a SG05 model somewhere, I would just make it wide enough for a atx, put a few more PCI slots on back... To dah a atx case that is shoe box size... I have Protocase, it is cool, but limited to 3 formats it can open & 1 it can save kind of a BS move be the devs... It will open a .CAS, but not sure what saves that.

Last edited:

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
Would you know the dimensions of a slot load optical drive? Are they standardized? I have a .skp of a Slim Line optical drive, but I don't believe it is a slot load model.
I'm weighing wether to add a mount for an optional optical drive.

Mal

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Original poster
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
@GuilleAcoustic , have a look at FreeCAD (http://www.freecadweb.org/). It does not import .skp files however. Those will have to be converted to one of the formats it supports first:

Been using FreeCad on Archlinux for a month or so, but still not up to my Sketchup efficiency. It'll need quite some time before I can use it with ease :D

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Been using FreeCad on Archlinux for a month or so, but still not up to my Sketchup efficiency. It'll need quite some time before I can use it with ease :D
Same setup here. Currently going over the tutorials and looking at the various add-ons and macros on offer.