Cooling Clocking EK multi-port top?

jjk1224

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 20, 2017
Just got an EK multiport top in for my res and as expected the horizontal ports are not pointing in an ideal direction for my setup. When the top is tightened comfortably all the way down, it is ~90° out of clock from where I want it to be. I have done some research and it seems like a lot of people simply unscrew the top and bottom slightly to achieve the desired direction. If I do this, I can easily get it where I want and still have what I would assume to be plenty of tension on the o-ring. As the res sees very low, if any pressure, I would like to think that it will be alright to keep it in this configuration.

Has anyone ever had to do something similar to this?

My plan as of right now is to fill the res upside down and let it sit for a few days to see if it leaks.

Pics for reference:

Where it is-

Where I want it to be-

Reactions: Phuncz and ricochet

jjk1224

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 20, 2017
It doesn't need to be leak-proof if you have the reservoir immediately before the pump, as it should, to operate correctly.

I posted about this in this other build thread.

I guess a concern for it to leak is it will potentially be taken with me to lan parties. If it is in the backseat of my car and its not 100% upright or if I go down a bumpy road (Michigan roads suck) I don't want any splashage to make its way out. The plan is to have the res directly over the pump with a short run of tube in between.