Clever PC Names

MrNintend0

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Just had a random thought today, what have you guys named your PCs? I try to be clever in naming those I build or help build, and some (I think) happen to be (kind of) rather clever.

For example I have an NCASE M1, which will be getting the panels painted/powdered White later this year; thus it shall be named "Monochrome".

A friend of mine has a Corsair 250D, which, while not really close, is "close enough" to being a cube. Therefore, it is dubbed the "Cubicle".

There are more, but I'm still thinking of those.

So, have any of you guys got (sort of) clever names?

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
Just had a random thought today, what have you guys named your PCs? I try to be clever in naming those I build or help build, and some (I think) happen to be (kind of) rather clever.

For example I have an NCASE M1, which will be getting the panels painted/powdered White later this year; thus it shall be named "Monochrome".

A friend of mine has a Corsair 250D, which, while not really close, is "close enough" to being a cube. Therefore, it is dubbed the "Cubicle".

There are more, but I'm still thinking of those.

So, have any of you guys got (sort of) clever names?

I Just name mine after classical music composers

So far I had Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Verdi, Elgar, Beethoven, Bernstein, Puccini and Rachmaninov

Now I'm transitioning to famous literary characters for pc side of things, the next pc is going to be Fenrir and the other is Valkyrie

For apple things and peripherals it's still going to be classical composers

( yes I consider mythical creatures to be literature)

Reactions: Biowarejak

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I like to use Latin words that describe it. My very first SFF build was Alpha ("first one").
Then I had Brevis S ("short", because it was for short Flex PSUs and short GPUs).
A concept of a split case I called Spiramentum ("gap").

And now my Vandal Button is called Iris ("rainbow").

Back in school I hated Latin with a passion, but it lends itself well for naming stuff, I think.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I named mine after myself. Not very clever I must say. I should fix that!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
After reading some of these I fee a bit pedestrian..;)

Back in the LAN glory days I used do do a lot of meat names (maybe because I was a broke college student!?)
Beefsteak, PorkChop, Tendrloin.

The daily driver is "HigRig" currently.
My Custom MoD mini is "TinyDancer"

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

Link for the lazy

Omoikane (思兼 or 思金) is a Shinto god of wisdom and intelligence. His name means "serving one's thoughts."

A heavenly deity, identified as a child of Taka-mi-musubi-no-kami, who is always called upon to "ponder" (omopu) and give good counsel in the deliberations of the heavenly deities. Appears to have descended from the heavens in the heavenly descent myth. OMOI, id., "think"; KANE, id., "metal," but preferably from the verb "to combine," "to possess simultaneously." "Thought-Combining Deity," a deity of wisdom or good counsel able to hold many thoughts at once or to combine in one mind the mental powers of many individuals. In the Kojiki the name is Ya-gokoro-omoi-kane-no-mikoto, "Many-Minds'-Thought-Combining Deity." Also called Toko-yo-no-Omoikane-no-kami.[1]

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
I never name any of my tech but I was thinking of getting one of Lazer 3D's LZ7 case in black with white corners and putting a white House Stark decal on it. Thought I'd call it Ghost but that's probably been done plenty of times before.

So instead I'll call it El Cadejo.

Supernatural being from Central America folklore (I'm Panamanian) that appears as either a large white dog or a black one. This totally fits the decal and white/black theme :)

raymondo

Trash Compacter
Mar 2, 2015
I just call them whatever CPU happens to be in them.............
Pretty much that or what case they happen to be in. It's a Lian Li case? Well, that's the 'Lian Li' right there. Parvum? It's the Parvum. I don't get the gist of naming your computer with some carefully crafted, sophisticated naming schemes but to each his own. My current one is a Xeon in a Parvum, commonly known as 'computer'. Here's to creativity :D

raymondo

Trash Compacter
Mar 2, 2015
I had both a Lian Li Q11 and a Q07 at the same time. You now know the names I used ;) For my S/O their were just 'the black one' and 'the silver one'. You can tell that we're more on the creative side than any other. However, I used to call an old black Ikea media cabinet 'monolith' as it was just a black cabinet if that counts anything :D

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
I had both a Lian Li Q11 and a Q07 at the same time. You now know the names I used ;) For my S/O their were just 'the black one' and 'the silver one'. You can tell that we're more on the creative side than any other. However, I used to call an old black Ikea media cabinet 'monolith' as it was just a black cabinet if that counts anything :D

I do something similar, but as an added security measure, the Silver one is called "The Black One" and the black one is called the "Silver One"

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
I just call it "my PC". I never have more than one anyway :)

Only things I name are my SSDs/HDDs and I always name them after literary characters. For example, my only SSD drive at the moment is called Stephen Dedalus, my external HDD is called Molloy. The first thing I do after I get a new drive is to rename it :p