Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Quick status --
>Revising dimensional details and drawings incorporating the I/O on the front (offset). Having to tweak a few things here and there, such as moving the I/O down as far as possible to prevent any physical interference with the longest GPUs, moving the front plate screw holes slightly to clear the I/O, etc. The tedious stuff, lol.
>Finishing drawing details of the cover with large slots and hex panel. Need to double check the demiflex filter fit. Hoping to get laser cutting house to cut out a cover (flat) next week, then I'll try to bend it myself with a low-end bender (read cheap). ...I guess I better get more than 1 cover cut, lol
>Received black plug samples for when the rear power switch cutout isn't used. Plug is nice black plastic, fits fine, looks fine.

Thats it, Thx

murrgz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 3, 2016
I'd love to get some out by May sometime. Not enough interest yet to plan a run, but we'll see.

You should make a thread over at the sffpc subreddit. I've seen quite a bit of interest in cases originating from here and [H]ardforum.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
How many 2.5" SSDs could this hold in total?
There is room for 3 mounting brackets, so 3 ssd's.

If you get the front I/O or install a fan in the bottom of the case, each of those take up a mounting location, reducing the total.

I have drawings for an optional double decker bracket that would hold 2 7mm ssd's.

Hope that helps.

Geran Brown

Trash Compacter
Mar 2, 2017
There is room for 3 mounting brackets, so 3 ssd's.

If you get the front I/O or install a fan in the bottom of the case, each of those take up a mounting location, reducing the total.

I have drawings for an optional double decker bracket that would hold 2 7mm ssd's.

Hope that helps.
In that case, I really NEED this case for my wife and I :)

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
According to the forum "I may not start a new conversation with you". I guess because I don't have enough posts or something.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Reactions: jeshikat

b3ta

What's an ITX?
Mar 27, 2017
I actually (finally) made an account here just to say how much I like what you are doing with this case. I'll be sending you a PM to add my name to the first run list.

And just to add my opinion, I like both the clean front panel and the front with Power and I/O offset on the left. I would also suggest on the top panel towards the front. Or possibly just power on the front panel towards the top, with the USB and audio on the top panel towards the front...but I'm not sure if interior layout would even allow that.