Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
My haswell + h87 system works OK for now. I hardly have time to game nowadays. Because of those, i cannot justify upgrading my system.

(I did upgrade in a way, when I bought my 2 x 2.5" drives and SFX psu for the MI-6)

Reactions: DrAwesome95

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Ooh a Sandy Bridge warrior I see!

But it's one of the best batch from Intel IMO. Can be overclock reliably, run cool too. IIRC since Ivy Bridge and after they no longer solder the heat spreader but use cheap TIM instead, right?

Reactions: Revenant

huddy

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2018
Yorkfield user here. I've had the itch ever since Ivy Bridge but haven't scratched it yet since I don't game and adding SSD's were enough to keep the rig smooth enough for my photo editing. I'm looking at a newer camera with more megapixels though... so I'm going to be due for the horsepower. I'm hoping to have this rig last 8-10 years also.

So bad it hurts. ;)

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
So anybody here owns more than one MI-6?

I probably will soon. Waiting to hear back about colors. I understand if it's not possible, or if there is an upcharge. I'm just hoping to get it in white. I'll probably end up ordering one anyway.

Reactions: ignsvn

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Thank you

Did you manage to make the feet screw on, or is it still glued on ??
Plan A is to bond them on with that 3M super epoxy that I used last time.
Plan B is to get pres-fit flush studs installed in the case and feet would screw on. I do not yet know if this will be workable, but will advise before payments start.

Reactions: sid21177

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
@firewolfy - what is the depth of the vandal switch used in the minimalist case ??
It looks shorter than the standard ones available online

Yeah, It was the shortest one I could find, to minimize interference with MB components.
Here is a pic. You can start bending it at about 25mm.