Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Added a few pics of my build. I need to do some more cablegami, but so far so good. Did anyone order cable mods?I’ll post the pics up in the morning.

Build looks great, love the way the MSI Aero looks in there. I really wish I had ordered one before Christmas. :(

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Build looks great, love the way the MSI Aero looks in there. I really wish I had ordered one before Christmas. :(

Thanks! I got lucky with my 1070. Alt coins really did a number on the whole industry.

UPDATE ON TEMPS!

While playing BF1 for a couple hours I saw spikes into the mid 90s. After some further testing, I discovered that my Asus Strix Z370i was spiking the CPU voltage to as high as 1.4. Now this is on a 8700 not 8700K. Overclocking most people don't above 1.3 on these CPUs. Clearly a BIOS issue.

I manually set my Bios to 1.175 CPU CORE and temps dropped substantially. I upped the max long term power to 75 watts. BF1 now is in the 70s. I'm still seeing a full 6 core 4.3 GHZ turbo on non-synthetic loads.

Last edited:

LeMoNH3aD

Average Stuffer
Oct 25, 2017
I received it so I will introduce it.
My goal is almost impossible to say that it is high power and small and quiet.
But I did it.

CPU : i7-7700K (Delid thermal grizzly)
CPU Cooler : Gabriel + NF-F12
GPU : GeForce GTX 1080 ITX

CPU:24-60C
GPU:28-59C

Great Thanks Fire!!

I'm really digging the Gamer Storm Gabriel and Noctua NF-F12 combo! May just be the best current setup for our case.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Repost from over on H --

I received a sample cover and top plate, and some small sample pieces today with black powder coat. It is a matte, low texture coating.
It is pretty flat but has a slight texture and color variation depending on the lighting angle. I'm thinking to do this for the next production run.

I'm going to offer it to those still waiting for their MI-6, if they prefer it over the brushed black anodized cover that are being remade now.

Fire

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Feb 27, 2017
I've been following along and I'm glad to see this is all going so well. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the build logs!

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Yeah I talked to Jay at TekEverything a while back and he offered to do a review of the MI-6. So it will be great to see what he thinks!

Reactions: renecop545

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
She's beautiful :)

(There's a very slight anodizing imperfection above the front audio jack. Almost invisible. And I don't care. My opinion above stays)