Production cases: SLM1m/ SLM1 4L/ SLM2 5.7L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
You wrote "standard socket". Which option do I have to choose at the point "DC Jack Options"? Default (0$) or other (10$)?
"DC Jack Options"? Default (0$)

And write "I need DC Jack for CustomMOD Case" in comments on the last step of ordering form.

Reactions: y.dn.a

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Very cool case.

Couple thoughts....

Could a 2.5" (7mm thick) ssd fit under the graphics card without adding to the case size/volume if the back gpu slot was moved up a bit? Might need a support bracket for the gpu though?

Is that a hole for a power button in the far left vent on the front panel? I saw the other "mini" you made (also a very cool case) had the power button on the back. Definitely prefer it on the front.

Any chance of usb/mic/headphone jacks on the front panel?

Thanks for your time. I'm looking forward following the progress on this one.

Reactions: Nocturnize

y.dn.a

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2017
About G-Unique. Yes, you can order it now. These requirements are final:
- Base unit
- Custom cables length & connectors: 4+4 CPU connector (200mm) and 6+2 GPU connector (200mm)
- Power Adapter 8pin from 220W to 400W (120W is not supported)
- Standard small mounting socket (just say "for CustomMOD case" in comments).
Sure that an 200mm cable is enough for the GPU connector? It may could be too short, if the ATX connector sits a little bit further away on the mainboard. Especially if the GPU itself is already about 130mm wide.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Do we have an ETA for a prototype?

He's got a picture a page back of the panels already cut. Looks like they just need bending/painting (if he paints for a prototype).

From thread watching I think he's been busy with 3.24l mini the last bit though, which makes sense since there are orders for that case already he's filling.

Sergiiua, is it likely to be possible, either as custom options or slight changes to the finished design, to allow:

-the gpu slot to be raised slightly for an ssd to fit underneath (wouldnt change the case dimensions).
-front usb+audio i/o

Those two things would this case damn near perfect for me :). Keep up the good work!

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
-the gpu slot to be raised slightly for an ssd to fit underneath (wouldnt change the case dimensions).

It looks like it's compatible with the XFX RX460 single slot gpu: should leave room for about 1-2x SSD underneath right? yeah I know you have to use that card ...

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
It looks like it's compatible with the XFX RX460 single slot gpu: should leave room for about 1-2x SSD underneath right? yeah I know you have to use that card ...

Not a bad thought. Supposedly the ryzen apu will have 460 level or better graphics. If I go discrete gpu I'd aim for 1060 level graphics. Less than that and I'd go with a smaller case running an apu.

It was a good suggestion though, but not a fit for me personally :). Unless of course some better single slot cards come out in the future... I think the case height should support an ssd or two under the gpu... Although maybe doing so causes other issues?

Reactions: Coach_Rico

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hey guys, we have some news.

1. Prototype is ready! But we don't like it :)

2. We decided to change design and construction. In our opinion new version is much better :)

3. The biggest news. All our cases (starting from today) will be produced at ESI METAL factory. Laser cutting, powder coating, bending, assembling. The quality of our cases will be very high.

4. We started to accept orders for CustomMOD Slim 2.99L case. Please fill this form if you want to make an order.

Last edited:

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
why don't you use a m2 ssd?

-Lots of ITX boards are limited in the amount M2 slots the have, why not have an additional drive?
-2.5" SSDs are cheaper for the amount of storage.
-I already have a 2.5" SSD :)

Serguiia, Thanks for the update. I'm sure you're busy with multiple case on the go at once.

I like the change to wrapping the front panel around the sides as oppose to the top/bottom panels wrapping around!

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Hey guys, we have some news.

4. We started to accept orders for CustomMOD Slim 2.99L case. Please
fill this form if you want to make an order.

Just a friendly heads up that when I clicked the link to the form the 3.24L mini was available to be selected, but not the slim 2.99L. Maybe saying 2.99L above was a typo and you were thinking of the mini?

I'll be building an ITX system at some point this year. It might take a little while as I'm waiting on ryzen 5 reviews, AM4 itx boards, availability of AM4 low profile coolers etc... And I'd like to see how this case in particular develops as I'm leaning pretty heavily toward it! You offer solid customization and competitive pricing imo.

Should I assume front USB/headphone/mic access and/or an ssd under the gpu aren't going to be possibilities for this case, or is that a consideration for options after you've gotten closer to the final product?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Just a friendly heads up that when I clicked the link to the form the 3.24L mini was available to be selected, but not the slim 2.99L. Maybe saying 2.99L above was a typo and you were thinking of the mini?

Fixed. Thanks.

I'll be building an ITX system at some point this year. It might take a little while as I'm waiting on ryzen 5 reviews, AM4 itx boards, availability of AM4 low profile coolers etc... And I'd like to see how this case in particular develops as I'm leaning pretty heavily toward it! You offer solid customization and competitive pricing imo.

Should I assume front USB/headphone/mic access and/or an ssd under the gpu aren't going to be possibilities for this case, or is that a consideration for options after you've gotten closer to the final product?

Maybe in a future batches, not in #1 or #2