Production cases: SLM1m/ SLM1 4L/ SLM2 5.7L by Custom_MOD

hardcore_gamer

electronbender
Aug 10, 2016
I'm struggling to figure out how you've gotten this to 52mm thick with a 37mm cooler.

37mm CPU cooler
+ 3mm outer walls (1.5mm x 2)
+ 3.7mm CPU
+ 4.2-4.4mm CPU Socket
+ 1.57mm motherboard thickness
+ 5.5mm standoffs/clearance for rear mounted M2 SSD
54.97 to 55.17 mm

I couldn't find anything about clearance needed for rear brackets on CPU coolers, and only 1 mention of rear mounted M2 SSDs needing 5.5mm. The clearance underneath the motherboard would seem to be where you could shave some height off if the 5.5mm is inaccurate... but bringing it down to 2.5mm clearance doesn't seem like it'd be enough space. If you don't mind, could point out where I'm off and ease my mind a little?

@sergiiua can you please share the information on how you managed to reduce the thickness to 52mm ?

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Just out of curiosity, would it have been thinner if you selected the "CPU faces up & the GPU faces down" configuration ?

GPU is not a bottleneck. If you want to make it thiner, you need to use lower CPU cooler. But you can win only 2-3mm because the new bottleneck will be motherboard cover plate.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer

makiasd

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Hi, it's our mistake. The height is 55mm, I fixed description.
Maybe with the extra 3mm you can now fit 2 SSDs under the GPU?

Just out of curiosity, would it have been thinner if you selected the "CPU faces up & the GPU faces down" configuration ?
Wouldn't be any thinner but possibly less wide because of the pcie extender needing less space to bend.

Last edited:

paullusty

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2017
with the added height has the reccomended cpu cooler clearance changed? I've been eyeballing the LP53 with a noctua fan but it appears to be about 4mm taller :\

paullusty

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2017
Okay then :) might try the Thermolab ITX30 as it seems to have about the same performance as the noctua but is even smaller and supposedly quieter.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Okay then :) might try the Thermolab ITX30 as it seems to have about the same performance as the noctua but is even smaller and supposedly quieter.

I've seen a lot of talk of people putting the noctua fan on the lp53 and getting even better performance. Would be interesting to see what the itx30 could do with a fan upgrade.

y.dn.a

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2017
I have a question about powering:

I ordered an PicoPSU 160, also I've ordered an custom G-Unique. Still waiting for an answer, invoice or else...
The compatible Dell DA-2 220W brick for the G-Unique is already here and want to use it with both PSUs.
(The PicoPSU should only be an compromise until the G-Unique arrives).

So I thought about using an 8pin to 4pin adapter to power the PicoPSU with the Dell brick (without the DIN-adapter, should work according to some googling).

https://geizhals.de/58863764?hloc=at&hloc=de

My main problem is the mounting of the adapter inside the case?
Would be nice if it would be possible to use the holes of the "small mounting socket" for the G-Unique.
Maybe with an adapter plate?

NoSk0pz

Average Stuffer
Apr 3, 2017
i'm really liking this case, especially with that clear panel. as others have said, the possibility of at least 1 ssd under the gpu (most important) and front i/o (right side by logo?) would seal it for me.

great job with all your cases serguiia. can't wait to see this one filled out and looking forward to future revisions!

NoSk0pz

Average Stuffer
Apr 3, 2017
would it be possible to order two power buttons (different colors)? what about multiple top panels (want to switch between a clear and solid color)? multiple colors for the whole case (red/black, white/blue, etc.)?

what extra cost would this have?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
would it be possible to order two power buttons (different colors)? what about multiple top panels (want to switch between a clear and solid color)? multiple colors for the whole case (red/black, white/blue, etc.)?

what extra cost would this have?

Yes, it's possible
One extra button - $5
One extra panels pack - $50

NoSk0pz

Average Stuffer
Apr 3, 2017
am i able to change the color of the rgb logo after i install it, or would i need to order multiple lights? i would want red logo with red button, blue logo with blue button, etc.

edit: also to confirm (from the mini thread), you are able to do a laser engraved/etched logo, correct? (no rgb. just a solid, simple logo without any holes)

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
am i able to change the color of the rgb logo after i install it, or would i need to order multiple lights? i would want red logo with red button, blue logo with blue button, etc.

edit: also to confirm (from the mini thread), you are able to do a laser engraved/etched logo, correct? (no rgb. just a solid, simple logo without any holes)

About RGB. You can choose color by remote control.
About engraving. No, only solid without logo or RGB.