Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

admiral_pola

Efficiency Noob
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for your impressions, it looks really nice. Please let us know if the I/O shield and everything else fits correctly when you build the PC, if the holes align etc. Would love to see pictures of your finished build. This is the 4.5L case, right?

Will do!

My build is still in the making since I'm still planning out the acrylic PSU cover, and still need to get the parts for it.

So far I got:
  • 400W FlexATX PSU from GEEEK
  • Sapphire R9 Nano from my current PC
  • Accessories and more (cooler, fan, etc.)
I'll probably do my build towards the end of the year before I pack up and move.

And this is the 6.1L version of the case, the 4.5L version wouldn't work with my PSUs connectors (PSU too long).

Reactions: QuantumBraced

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
Planning to buy one, hopefully this flex case has improved quality, I purchased one of his sfx cases before batch 3 or 4 and its the worst quality when it comes to internal config-wise,gpu slot doesnt fit properly, screw holes, cover not sitting properly, I undertand since its the earlier like beta builds..so that is to be expected.. this is just constructive critisism on my part.

can any past batches, can chime in? like gpu not fitting properly? flex not fitting properly? screw holes or other issue that could arise? I always saw past batches has been dispatch but rarely seen doing a review vid or follow up. when it comes to building the actual build. I'm eyeing on the 4.5L hopefully sergie has mananged to perfected the quality already.

this is the most portable footprint without carrying a dell powerbrick. and would like to be sure that quality now has been really improved. Thanks!

tl;dr edit; not trashing just want to know any negatives prior to purchasing the flex 4.5L, wondering if the quality has significantly improved.

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hello friends!

This is the first prototype of the completely Steel Case FLEX. You have noticed it made easier. The expected cost of this case is only $ 39!

In a couple of months, such cases will be available. They do not need to be ordered and wait long.

Write your opinion below. We need to know whether there will be demand for such cases.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Oh come on.. It will be only 39$! I have just 3D printed a flex case for 63€..

edit: I saw Athena 400w flex atx psu + cable and fan mod on your order form. How do you do that? Will it become modular?

Last edited:

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
@cleveland one of the first links where it says "fill this form" is the order form for Custom Mod. Lets you choose all the options they offer.

bman3

Case Bender
Jun 19, 2018
Hello friends!

This is the first prototype of the completely Steel Case FLEX. You have noticed it made easier. The expected cost of this case is only $ 39!

In a couple of months, such cases will be available. They do not need to be ordered and wait long.

Write your opinion below. We need to know whether there will be demand for such cases.

Hi sergiiua - Could you please update the first post of this thread with the latest updates on the batches? Thanks in advance.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I'm not a fan of the colored strip on the front, and I wish it was aluminum even if it made it a little more expensive. Also, will there be options for vent design and logo as before?

boredbloke

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 17, 2018
I'm also interested.

Just would like some clarifications on the differences against the previous model.

It sounds as though it is an alternative rather than superseding the older model.

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
Hello friends!

I would like to be one of the first ones to order this case in Steel. Been keeping my eye on the aluminum case but my budget is tight so I will definitely be waiting on the Steel version.

Let me know when it comes out @sergiiua.

Reactions: cleveland

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
Just wanted to update the Flex followers that Sergii has shipped me the Steel prototype. The wait starts, hoping to have it in my hands soon! I plan to write an in-depth review on the prototype.

Also waiting for my PSU from Geeek, hopefully all comes soon and in good shape!!

Reactions: cleveland