Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Got mine this morning

Took 8 days traveling from Ukraine to France

TheGooseIsHere

Average Stuffer
Dec 26, 2016
Got a question before I order one - how neatly does the 300W internal AC-DC power brick fit inside the nano (3.8l) case? Does it mount to the side of the case or something?

Also, which would be the best size to get for the HDPLEX 400W unit + 300W AC-DC combo?

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Got a question before I order one - how neatly does the 300W internal AC-DC power brick fit inside the nano (3.8l) case? Does it mount to the side of the case or something?

Also, which would be the best size to get for the HDPLEX 400W unit + 300W AC-DC combo?
if you want to install inside the case HDPLEX 400W unit + 300W AC-DC, then we recommend the case FLEX mini 4.3L rev.3

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
Is anyone planning on using the FSP 500W 80+ platinum PSU? I keep getting conflicting information about it when I try to find out if it has a PCIe connector. Does anyone know for sure if it does? If not, the 4-pin-molex-toPCIe adapters would do the job right? Also, would it be pretty easy to mod it to have the PCIe connector? I figure it would just be a matter of stealing some of the +12V wires from the 4-pin molex connectors right? (I'm guessing that a bunch of wires will need to be cut off anyway if you want to fit it inside this case) I'm interested in this 80+ platinum unit because I think it will introduce less heat inside the case than less efficient PSUs.

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Is anyone planning on using the FSP 500W 80+ platinum PSU? I keep getting conflicting information about it when I try to find out if it has a PCIe connector. Does anyone know for sure if it does? If not, the 4-pin-molex-toPCIe adapters would do the job right? Also, would it be pretty easy to mod it to have the PCIe connector? I figure it would just be a matter of stealing some of the +12V wires from the 4-pin molex connectors right? (I'm guessing that a bunch of wires will need to be cut off anyway if you want to fit it inside this case) I'm interested in this 80+ platinum unit because I think it will introduce less heat inside the case than less efficient PSUs.

I already have one of these unit. I can tell you there is no pci-e connector. But there is two 12v 8pin Eps connector for CPU. If you don't plan to use double CPU mobo you can use an adaptator like this one : https://www.overtek.co.uk/collections/power-supply-accessories/products/eps12v-to-dual-pci-e-adapter

However this unit have one more problem. It doesn't have a -12v rail and some mobo may refuse to POST. Someone from overtek may help you if you encounter this issue.

Reactions: Frazhna

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
I just tried the FSP 500W 80+ platinum PSU unit with Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming and it POST. -12v rail is not needed for this mobo. Hope this help

Reactions: cmyk78

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Attention, open Batch # 6 (5 cases limit)

1. Now we will accept orders with individual size separately from the base cases. To order non-standard cases, we prepare a separate order form. This will help not to waste time and do ordinary orders on time.

2. The first two customers will receive a 20% discount on the case (applies to standard cases)

3. For those who have already received our case of past audits, a discount of 50% is valid (Batch # 6 2 cases limit)

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
Attention, open Batch # 6 (5 cases limit)

1. Now we will accept orders with individual size separately from the base cases. To order non-standard cases, we prepare a separate order form. This will help not to waste time and do ordinary orders on time.

order non-standard cases, does it means i can order the cases with my own design?

I just tried the FSP 500W 80+ platinum PSU unit with Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming and it POST. -12v rail is not needed for this mobo. Hope this help

so, does the -12v rail also not needed Asus ROG Strix z270-i ? still wondering

Last edited:

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
so, does the -12v rail also not needed Asus ROG Strix z270-i ? still wondering
I don't know if -12v rail is needed for Asus ROG Strix z270-i, probably it will work, it's not that much different. But if it didn't, someone from overtek unsure me they have a solution.

1. -12v. Not a problem we have a solution if needed.
2. Adapters, stock just awaiting customs clearance. Hopefully in next week.
3. We do have more 500W units available.

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
I don't know if -12v rail is needed for Asus ROG Strix z270-i, probably it will work, it's not that much different. But if it didn't, someone from overtek unsure me they have a solution.

thanks mate for your info, and i wish, there will be sfx psu version for this case, this case seems legit

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Build is done. You can see it on my thread :

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/custom_mod-flex-mini-001-8700k-ultra-gtx-1080.3235/

My Configuration :
CPU : i7 8700K (delidded, silver IHS)
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1080 Mini
Ram : 2x16Gb Corsair LPX 4000Mhz CL19
Mobo : Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming
PSU : FSP Flex ATX 500W Platinum
Cooler : Noctua NH-L9i
SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 1Tb (will replace by samsung 980 M2 when release)

Here is my final conclusion about this case :

Conclusion :
I m impressed by this little case, it's exactly what i m looking for, a small well vented case that can fit a full build like far bigger case.
About build quality, it's awesome if you know what you buy : a prototype. I was able to overcome to every problem i get, sometimes with small modification. However i was disapointed by bad alignement for some screw and poor quality of my rear panel.

Design could be improve too, i think some vents in front of the case would help a lot to cool down the GPU.

If you want to use an insane configuration (8700k, GTX 1080) you should choose wisely your component and be prepared to tune during long hours.
I think a more acceptable and easier configuration is an intel i5 8400 or ryzen 5 1600 with a GTX 1060.

Even if you can fit a 2.5" SSD, i think this shouldn't be consider has temp can go very high when GPU is load. And i think it will be even worse if the SSD is in the front of the case.

I do not recommend using filter, they retain heat too much.

To conclude it's a good case, that could be improve. I won't recommend it if you want something perfect. I will wait and see if build quality improve. I m also ready to pay more for a premium finish.

Pro :
- Tiny
- Tone of vents
- Build quality (prototype)
- Seller
- Customization
- Removable dust filter
- Standard ITX, PSU, GPU and CPU cooler
- Can fit One SSD
- Clean Design
- Price (Considering Customization and Dollar/Euro parity)

Cons :
- Build quality (industrial case)
- Screw alignement
- Advertised GPU that won't fit (MSI 1070 GTX Aero)
- Useless dust Filter (retain too much heat)
- Useless SSD slot (Run too hot to be use, could be worse in front)
- Design could be improve (Vent in front of the case for GPU cooling)
- Some scratch appear near screw. Should be cautious when traveling with this case.
- Delivery time (3 mounths but maybe less now)
- Ram compatibility (Only concern rev 1)
- No custom number plate (Like FLEX #001)
- Can't add fan or anything else
- Case i get don't have the dimensions of the case i ordered

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Build is done. You can see it on my thread :

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/custom_mod-flex-mini-001-8700k-ultra-gtx-1080.3235/

My Configuration :
CPU : i7 8700K (delidded, silver IHS)
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1080 Mini
Ram : 2x16Gb Corsair LPX 4000Mhz CL19
Mobo : Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming
PSU : FSP Flex ATX 500W Platinum
Cooler : Noctua NH-L9i
SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 1Tb (will replace by samsung 980 M2 when release)

Here is my final conclusion about this case :

Conclusion :
I m impressed by this little case, it's exactly what i m looking for, a small well vented case that can fit a full build like far bigger case.
About build quality, it's awesome if you know what you buy : a prototype. I was able to overcome to every problem i get, sometimes with small modification. However i was disapointed by bad alignement for some screw and poor quality of my rear panel.

Design could be improve too, i think some vents in front of the case would help a lot to cool down the GPU.

If you want to use an insane configuration (8700k, GTX 1080) you should choose wisely your component and be prepared to tune during long hours.
I think a more acceptable and easier configuration is an intel i5 8400 or ryzen 5 1600 with a GTX 1060.

Even if you can fit a 2.5" SSD, i think this shouldn't be consider has temp can go very high when GPU is load. And i think it will be even worse if the SSD is in the front of the case.

I do not recommend using filter, they retain heat too much.

To conclude it's a good case, that could be improve. I won't recommend it if you want something perfect. I will wait and see if build quality improve. I m also ready to pay more for a premium finish.

Pro :
- Tiny
- Tone of vents
- Build quality (prototype)
- Seller
- Customization
- Removable dust filter
- Standard ITX, PSU, GPU and CPU cooler
- Can fit One SSD
- Clean Design
- Price (Considering Customization and Dollar/Euro parity)

Cons :
- Build quality (industrial case)
- Screw alignement
- Advertised GPU that won't fit (MSI 1070 GTX Aero)
- Useless dust Filter (retain too much heat)
- Useless SSD slot (Run too hot to be use, could be worse in front)
- Design could be improve (Vent in front of the case for GPU cooling)
- Some scratch appear near screw. Should be cautious when traveling with this case.
- Delivery time (3 mounths but maybe less now)
- Ram compatibility (Only concern rev 1)
- No custom number plate (Like FLEX #001)
- Can't add fan or anything else
- Case i get don't have the dimensions of the case i ordered
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will continue to strive to perfection. Your feedback is very helpful to see what to strive for.

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Keep going sergiiua, you are doind a good job.

This morning i did some test and i think i found something you should realy consider.
I use a gigabyte 1080 mini OC @1911Mhz , wich is a worst case scenario.

I did some stress test of my gigabyte under furmark and here the result :

All panel on :
100% Fan speed : 64°C
70% Fan speed : 80°C

Side panel off :
100% Fan speed : 60°C
70% Fan speed : 75°C

Front panel off : (i know the top and front panel are one piece but i let the front panel on my case, take a look at the picture i took to see what i mean)
100% Fan speed : 53°C
70% Fan speed : 64°C
58% Fan speed (Fan set to auto) : 74°C

The gigabyte 1080 mini expulse a lot of air in front and i think it's the same with the MSI 1070 Aero itx.

I don't know how you can do it without destroying your clean design. But i think some vent in the front could help a lot, maybe something like the Lazer3d LZ7. I guess in my case i can expect at least 10°C less.

Maybe you should try to add vent in this area :