Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
If only I hadn't have already bought my G-unique unit, I'd totally buy one of these. Any chance you want to buy my PSU @sergiiua and then I can buy your case :D

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
First of all, i m realy impressed by this case, it's seems realy awesome to me and i m very interested. I would like to put an extreme configuration in it so i have some questions:

- Will the new Asrock X299-ITX/ac fits ? I don't care about the sata port, i will use M2 but i m wondering if SO-DIMM ram and daughterboard are not too tall
- Will the M2 slot of the new Asrock X370 Gaming ITX/ac fits ?
- Why is the Psu at the bottom of the case ? Did you try to put it on the front like the Dan A4-SFX ?
- I m realy concerned about thermal and noise. How does this case perform against your Custom_MOD mini ?
- On your prototype you have some vent in the bottom-front of the case. Is it possible to have same vents on the top-front of the case ?
- On your other cases you are on revision 3 or 2, what did you improve ?
- Are the dust filters removable ?
- Can you install the power button in front of the case if there is no logo ?

And once again, great job :thumb:

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The SODIMM on the X299E-ITX/ac isn't taller than the motherboard IO shield, but the M.2 daughterboard could be tight.

Reactions: VegetableStu

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
First of all, i m realy impressed by this case, it's seems realy awesome to me and i m very interested. I would like to put an extreme configuration in it so i have some questions:

- Will the new Asrock X299-ITX/ac fits ? I don't care about the sata port, i will use M2 but i m wondering if SO-DIMM ram and daughterboard are not too tall
- Will the M2 slot of the new Asrock X370 Gaming ITX/ac fits ?
- Why is the Psu at the bottom of the case ? Did you try to put it on the front like the Dan A4-SFX ?
- I m realy concerned about thermal and noise. How does this case perform against your Custom_MOD mini ?
- On your prototype you have some vent in the bottom-front of the case. Is it possible to have same vents on the top-front of the case ?
- On your other cases you are on revision 3 or 2, what did you improve ?
- Are the dust filters removable ?
- Can you install the power button in front of the case if there is no logo ?

And once again, great job :thumb:
The button can be in front but not in the center. On the left will be. PSU did not try in front. Filter G1 on a sticky basis. It is easy to replace. The test of noise and heating will do later.

Reactions: eggDK

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Okay, so this is basically the Hutzy XS. Hutzy disappeared, I'm glad someone made his case.

You should include mounting holes for HDPlex on the bottom and also possibly mounting holes for a 3.5" drive in place of the GPU for NAS builds. Magnetic panels would also be awesome.

Greyvest

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2017
Is it possible to build a same case with Titanium sheets(1mm or 2mm)? My 2 friends and I are really interested in an extreme light and small Titanium case

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
I took a look at your #7 live stream, it seems you had a hard time with the psu.

Did you finally solve the problem ?
What do you think about using the Seasonic SSP-300SUG ? Cable orientation could help

I have a lian li Q25, as you can see they designed the case to mount the psu from the rear, it helps a lot when the psu is long. http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q25/
Maybe you could design something similar for future rev