Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Tomorrow we'll announce 5.99L case with SFX PSU, up to 295mm GPU and 1x2.5" SSD ;)

Heyyy, what happened to your no case over 4L standards? :p

I'm still looking forward to it. Expecting to see a Dan-style case but with your own spin :)

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Heyyy, what happened to your no case over 4L standards? :p

I'm still looking forward to it. Expecting to see a Dan-style case but with your own spin :)

Haha, we changed our philosophy :) No cases more than 6L :)

sergiiua, you're becoming a legend in this forum with all these cases :)

Thanks, I am doing my best :)

stevey500

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2017
Couldn't agree with alexep7's comment more!

Does the $170 price tag require purchase of the PCIE riser or upon ordering can we opt-out of the PCIE riser? I'm sure some of us already have a few of these lying around (like myself) as a result of my own janky ultra compact enclosure attempts.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Couldn't agree with alexep7's comment more!

Does the $170 price tag require purchase of the PCIE riser or upon ordering can we opt-out of the PCIE riser? I'm sure some of us already have a few of these lying around (like myself) as a result of my own janky ultra compact enclosure attempts.

Yes, you can buy our case without PCIE riser. The price will be $139.

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Will CustomMOD slim get the FlexATX treatement? It will be a good 0.3L smaller than this and can fit two 2.5" SSDs.
I think no. We have many orders for Mini, Slim, Mini SFX, but we don't have any orders for Mini Flax. I think because of FlexATX PSU. People are afraid of 40mm fan.

daedos

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2016
I think no. We have many orders for Mini, Slim, Mini SFX, but we don't have any orders for Mini Flex. I think because of FlexATX PSU. People are afraid of 40mm fan.

The 40mm fan is a concern. There are quieter 40mm replacement fans out there and some PSUs with 80mm fans. Personally I'm waiting to see actual photos/builds of your cases before ordering.

Reactions: Jonny727272

jor8888

Efficiency Noob
Mar 12, 2017
The 40mm fan is a concern. There are quieter 40mm replacement fans out there and some PSUs with 80mm fans. Personally I'm waiting to see actual photos/builds of your cases before ordering.
got link to flex atx with 80mm fan?

hlgr

Chassis Packer
Mar 16, 2017
Just out of curiousity, have you considered going TFX? There are some good TFX options out there...

daedos

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2016
got link to flex atx with 80mm fan?
It was this one. Not how sure good Apevia are and it looks like they are mis-advertising it as Flex ATX. Dimensions are actually TFX.

The wait for a 300W+ high efficiency Flex ATX with a 80mm fan and modular cables continues.