Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
@sergiiua The new Flex mini 4.7 looks awesome, but you really need to respond to the claims that are happening right now with a proper answer, currently i am not confident to buy a case from you!

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
but you really need to respond to the claims that are happening right now with a proper answer, currently i am not confident to buy a case from you!

i wouldn't expect an actual response.

maybe a very vague response.

there doesn't seem to be much customer service after you've paid, for lost or mis-measured/damaged cases.

please note that you'll lose at least $100, sending anything back, because of how far away he is in Russia.

i'm not even sure there's a proper translation of his return address, which works in English.

i couldn't get the Post Office's system to accept it.

so just simply doing a return doesn't solve any problems.

also- note that there's no flat-rate international service, which tracks delivery properly, going all the way to Russia.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
case in stock FX mini 4.5L rev.4.3 Silver
Specs:
- Volume: 4.5L (225mm x 190mm x 105mm)
- Material: Steel frame (1mm), aluminum (1.5mm)
- Powder Coating: Silver Metallic
- covers with windows. (left, right)
- Power Button: Metal LED Blue
- Front port: 1 x USB 3.0
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type
- RAM: up to 42 mm
- Storage: 1x2.5" SSD
- PSU: Flex ATX 1U Mini-ITX (SilverStone FX350-G, Seasonic SSP-300SUG, Athena 400W, FSP 500W Platinum etc) Compatibility table

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
Just got a new toy case from custom mod ukraine, the box is a bit banged up because of delivery but the case was properly packed. I was quite surprised with the overall quality, I was an early adopter of the aluminum SFX series from sergei and to say the least it is not up to par since it was the early revisions. but this one is an improvement, far from the early builds. quality has been shifted to thick steel and the paint is brushed metal? , a bit of weight which is given, and from the overall handling it doesn't feel cheap, though I have to test the screw holes if it fit properly, will update once again if the build has been finished.

M- ITX Board
ITX GPU( gigabyte mini, aero, low profiles)
Flex Psu

FYI, purchased this under the available cases page, also the value is a little better without waiting time, from ordering to receiving it took 2 weeks tops. the only size I could compare this is from LAZER 3d low profile type, and lone s4 which I have, * this is smaller.

falafel

Case Bender
New User
Mar 30, 2018
A few pages back I mentioned that I had one of these on order, well, it arrived (quite a while ago, I've been too lazy to post anything) and I thought I'd show it off!

Inside I've got:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
8 GB (2x4) RAM
Inland Professional 256GB NVME SSD (Micro Center brand)
ASROCK B450 ITX/AC
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4

It's just generally pretty much keeping everything cheap, no graphics card yet. The only flaw with this system is that I don't really know what to do with it yet. I greatly prefer the convenience of my laptop (which is probably why I also have interest in SFF systems and not large desktops).

When you share a desk with a roommate the laptop + monitor combination tends to work well...having a permanent desktop with keyboard and mouse isn't as practical in my small apartment, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, it's gorgeous, and the color I picked was a much closer match to what I had in my head than I expected - it's perfect! Definitely go for a glossy look, you won't be disappointed.

There's just enough room to get the board in, but you definitely have to get creative. It's amazing to me how easy small cases like this are to work with, because you can see everything right in front of you! The thermals are great, of course, without a graphics card it's not much of a test.

There were plenty of delays but Custom Mod was responsive and the end result was fantastic. It all fits together nicely like a commercial product.

Pictures below!

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
A few pages back I mentioned that I had one of these on order, well, it arrived (quite a while ago, I've been too lazy to post anything) and I thought I'd show it off!

Inside I've got:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
8 GB (2x4) RAM
Inland Professional 256GB NVME SSD (Micro Center brand)
ASROCK B450 ITX/AC
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4

It's just generally pretty much keeping everything cheap, no graphics card yet. The only flaw with this system is that I don't really know what to do with it yet. I greatly prefer the convenience of my laptop (which is probably why I also have interest in SFF systems and not large desktops).

When you share a desk with a roommate the laptop + monitor combination tends to work well...having a permanent desktop with keyboard and mouse isn't as practical in my small apartment, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, it's gorgeous, and the color I picked was a much closer match to what I had in my head than I expected - it's perfect! Definitely go for a glossy look, you won't be disappointed.

There's just enough room to get the board in, but you definitely have to get creative. It's amazing to me how easy small cases like this are to work with, because you can see everything right in front of you! The thermals are great, of course, without a graphics card it's not much of a test.

There were plenty of delays but Custom Mod was responsive and the end result was fantastic. It all fits together nicely like a commercial product.

Pictures below!

Orange color goes well with the cooler from Noctua;)

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm happy with my Flex / FX mini and modded seasonic's 300SUG flex atx that I ordered from custom mod. I would definitely order another case from them -- I have seen no flaws in the 3 weeks that I've had the case.

It did take approximately five and a half months from order form submission to arriving on my door step, but that may more have been due to the modded power supply. All the while CustomMod was responsive to messaging.

Cheers!

EDIT: Da specs

- Ryzen 2700 (stock)
- MSI Aero 1070 ITX (stock)
- Aegis 2x16GB DDR4-3000 at v1.35
- Asrock B450 ITX
- HP EX920 1TB
- Modded Seasonic 300 SUG

Last edited:

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
what build is that? guys can you help, Im usig silverstone 350w wondering if it could power a 1070 and 2600x. if its enough

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
what build is that? guys can you help, Im usig silverstone 350w wondering if it could power a 1070 and 2600x. if its enough
- Ryzen 2700 (stock)
- MSI Aero 1070 ITX (stock)
- Aegis 2x16GB DDR4-3000 at v1.35
- Asrock B450 ITX
- HP EX920 1TB

While I have not yet subjected the build to synthetic load tests, it has passed all practical ones (compiling, dev work, gaming, etc). If for some reason, the build is not stable for synthetic benchmarks, undervolting the cpu / gpu should give me plenty of headroom. I'm not too worried. Hence, I think you'd be fine with a 2600x and 1070 running off the FX350-G (I presume).

Reactions: xcrco

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
I'm selling my Flex Mini (which lacks a power button, you can check an old post in this thread for the photos) with a 400 W Flex ATX PSU for 100$ via PayPal. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Aoq1

Trash Compacter
Mar 16, 2018
case in stock FX mini 4.5L rev.4.3 Silver
Specs:
- Volume: 4.5L (225mm x 190mm x 105mm)
- Material: Steel frame (1mm), aluminum (1.5mm)
- Powder Coating: Silver Metallic
- covers with windows. (left, right)
- Power Button: Metal LED Blue
- Front port: 1 x USB 3.0
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type
- RAM: up to 42 mm
- Storage: 1x2.5" SSD
- PSU: Flex ATX 1U Mini-ITX (SilverStone FX350-G, Seasonic SSP-300SUG, Athena 400W, FSP 500W Platinum etc) Compatibility table

The FSP 500W Platinum has the cables connected horizontally from the factory does that require any modding to fit your 4.5L FX case

Reactions: cleveland