Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
While it’s understandable that you purchased a prototype for $99 and there may be imperfections, the lack of a power button and the cutout for it is an issue. Especially if you were supposed to get one.

I feel a partial refund or return is a reasonable resolution. Let’s see what support you get. This type of QA has been and issue with Custom Mod and is really holding them back.

I can always use a Silverstone USB 3.0 adapter to externally turn the PC on. Definitely, there are workarounds but I want to see what @sergiiua has to say about it. His photos of the prototype show the view from side or front and it's a reasonable assumption a thing as basic as a power button would be included AND would have a cutout for it to be placed. I mean cmon!

Reactions: TheHig

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
So you bought a cheaper case not the standard one on full price? It must be a prototype, In this case @sergiiua is not to blame!

It was the full price for a Stainless Steel body. One with aluminum is pricier but with steel it's much cheaper. I did pay what would be the full price for a production SS case.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
The not so good impressions (mostly nitpicks, not deal breakers):

- The strip on the front is a bit of an eye sore and doesn't give a good feel from close up
- The screws fit weirdly in some locations. Given that the case is so industrial, it doesn't surprise me. Not a deal breaker but a nitpick.
- There seems to a gap between the I/O shield and PSU at the back which I am not sure if it has a function or is an error? Maybe @sergiiua can weigh in on this or someone else can. Either way, its a small hole to be concerned about dust when the entire side is not filtered. Not a worry.

Again these are all nitpicks

i've been trying to reach sergiiua, to give him the benefit of the doubt, & to make things right.

however- i feel like i must mention that i made a recent order, which took almost 3 months to get, where all my cases were mis-measured.

i can't use them due to these mis-measurements.

i'll withdraw these comments, if sergiiua makes it right, but i had to tell the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nichronos

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
@Instran0 are all cases bad? Can you upload some pictures so we know what to expect?

I need to buy one FLEX 4.5 next week, really hope @sergiiua fix his production quality and send me a proper case i can use!

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
@Instran0 are all cases bad?

4 out of 4 are mis-measured.

usually my practice is to ask sergiiua to give me a photo, where he shows them with a ruler, so i can see the measurements are right, before shipping is finished.

he used to do that before, with no problem.

however- recently i've noticed that when i ask for this photo, with a ruler, sergiiua keeps saying they're already shipped.

as i said before, i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, & withdraw my comments, but i am telling the truth.

Reactions: Nichronos

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
4 out of 4 are mis-measured.

usually my practice is to ask sergiiua to give me a photo, where he shows them with a ruler, so i can see the measurements are right, before shipping is finished.

he used to do that before, with no problem.

however- recently i've noticed that when i ask for this photo, with a ruler, sergiiua keeps saying they're already shipped.

as i said before, i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, & withdraw my comments, but i am telling the truth.

Please show us some pictures, lets see what is wrong with them

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
I don't wanna go so far as accuse @sergiiua of selling us false promises but mismeasurements sound like mistakes on ESI Metals side. Custom Mod's QC when approves such mismeasurements, that's when things get crooked. Forgetting to ship a power button is understandable but entirely missing a cutout is either a design flaw or the guys cutting the metal forgetting to cut it.

All I'm hoping is the parts actually fit in this case.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
but mismeasurements sound like mistakes on ESI Metals side. Custom Mod's QC when approves such mismeasurements, that's when things get crooked.

your point makes absolute perfect sense, & i completely agree with you.

it would be ESI Metals' fault.

the issue here is that sergiiua isn't even admitting that they're mis-measured.

he has to admit that first, before responsibility can be placed.

the first step in solving a problem, is admitting that a problem exists.

Reactions: Pkhairnar6

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
case FX mid stl 4.7L rev.1.1 PHOTO ALBUM (case) $49
Specs:
- Volume: 4.7L (225mm x 190mm x 110mm)
- Material: Steel (1mm) Powder Coating
- MB: mini-ITX (170 x 170mm)
- GPU: length <175mm, height <132mm (Giga 1080 Mini and MSI 1070 Aero ITX compatible) Compatibility table
- CPU Cooler: up to 48mm (CRYORIG C7 compatible)
- RAM: up to 55 mm
- Storage: 1x2.5" SSD
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type
- PSU: Flex ATX 1U Mini-ITX (SilverStone FX350-G, Seasonic SSP-300SUG, Athena 400W, FSP 500W Platinum etc) Compatibility table
- Production: Grafix factory

octiny

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2018
case FX mid stl 4.7L rev.1.1 PHOTO ALBUM (case) $49
Specs:
- Volume: 4.7L (225mm x 190mm x 110mm)
- Material: Steel (1mm) Powder Coating
- MB: mini-ITX (170 x 170mm)
- GPU: length <175mm, height <132mm (Giga 1080 Mini and MSI 1070 Aero ITX compatible) Compatibility table
- CPU Cooler: up to 48mm (CRYORIG C7 compatible)
- RAM: up to 55 mm
- Storage: 1x2.5" SSD
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type
- PSU: Flex ATX 1U Mini-ITX (SilverStone FX350-G, Seasonic SSP-300SUG, Athena 400W, FSP 500W Platinum etc) Compatibility table
- Production: Grafix factory

Are you going to respond publicly to some of the stuff that's been said? Seems like you're trying to avoid the issue while still pushing new designs.

I may be new here (long-time lurker however), but I feel as if some more accountability needs to be placed. As someone that runs a business myself, this seems pretty sketch.

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
I literally found this yesterday and was wishing there was a taller cpu cooler with short gpu case. Probably gonna buy the new model tho i literally just spent my money on a gpu. Probably gives enough time to sort out the potential production problems people have mentioned (post pics)

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Are you going to respond publicly to some of the stuff that's been said? Seems like you're trying to avoid the issue while still pushing new designs.

I may be new here (long-time lurker however), but I feel as if some more accountability needs to be placed. As someone that runs a business myself, this seems pretty sketch.

Probably gives enough time to sort out the potential production problems people have mentioned

normally, i would just mind my own business, but SFF Forum is a community.

as discussed before, i made several orders from sergiiua, in completely different months, which are supposed to have completely different tracking numbers.

some orders were mis-measured, & one order was never shipped.

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
When starting this business I knew that there are risks and bad people. This does not surprise me. I never use deceit. Always the only truth!