if you want to install inside the case HDPLEX 400W unit + 300W AC-DC, then we recommend the case FLEX mini 4.3L rev.3Got a question before I order one - how neatly does the 300W internal AC-DC power brick fit inside the nano (3.8l) case? Does it mount to the side of the case or something?
Also, which would be the best size to get for the HDPLEX 400W unit + 300W AC-DC combo?
Is anyone planning on using the FSP 500W 80+ platinum PSU? I keep getting conflicting information about it when I try to find out if it has a PCIe connector. Does anyone know for sure if it does? If not, the 4-pin-molex-toPCIe adapters would do the job right? Also, would it be pretty easy to mod it to have the PCIe connector? I figure it would just be a matter of stealing some of the +12V wires from the 4-pin molex connectors right? (I'm guessing that a bunch of wires will need to be cut off anyway if you want to fit it inside this case) I'm interested in this 80+ platinum unit because I think it will introduce less heat inside the case than less efficient PSUs.
Attention, open Batch # 6 (5 cases limit)
1. Now we will accept orders with individual size separately from the base cases. To order non-standard cases, we prepare a separate order form. This will help not to waste time and do ordinary orders on time.
I just tried the FSP 500W 80+ platinum PSU unit with Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming and it POST. -12v rail is not needed for this mobo. Hope this help
I don't know if -12v rail is needed for Asus ROG Strix z270-i, probably it will work, it's not that much different. But if it didn't, someone from overtek unsure me they have a solution.so, does the -12v rail also not needed Asus ROG Strix z270-i ? still wondering
1. -12v. Not a problem we have a solution if needed.
2. Adapters, stock just awaiting customs clearance. Hopefully in next week.
3. We do have more 500W units available.
I don't know if -12v rail is needed for Asus ROG Strix z270-i, probably it will work, it's not that much different. But if it didn't, someone from overtek unsure me they have a solution.
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will continue to strive to perfection. Your feedback is very helpful to see what to strive for.Build is done. You can see it on my thread :
My Configuration :
CPU : i7 8700K (delidded, silver IHS)
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1080 Mini
Ram : 2x16Gb Corsair LPX 4000Mhz CL19
Mobo : Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming
PSU : FSP Flex ATX 500W Platinum
Cooler : Noctua NH-L9i
SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 1Tb (will replace by samsung 980 M2 when release)
Here is my final conclusion about this case :
I m impressed by this little case, it's exactly what i m looking for, a small well vented case that can fit a full build like far bigger case.
About build quality, it's awesome if you know what you buy : a prototype. I was able to overcome to every problem i get, sometimes with small modification. However i was disapointed by bad alignement for some screw and poor quality of my rear panel.
Design could be improve too, i think some vents in front of the case would help a lot to cool down the GPU.
If you want to use an insane configuration (8700k, GTX 1080) you should choose wisely your component and be prepared to tune during long hours.
I think a more acceptable and easier configuration is an intel i5 8400 or ryzen 5 1600 with a GTX 1060.
Even if you can fit a 2.5" SSD, i think this shouldn't be consider has temp can go very high when GPU is load. And i think it will be even worse if the SSD is in the front of the case.
I do not recommend using filter, they retain heat too much.
To conclude it's a good case, that could be improve. I won't recommend it if you want something perfect. I will wait and see if build quality improve. I m also ready to pay more for a premium finish.
- Tone of vents
- Build quality (prototype)
- Removable dust filter
- Standard ITX, PSU, GPU and CPU cooler
- Can fit One SSD
- Clean Design
- Price (Considering Customization and Dollar/Euro parity)
- Build quality (industrial case)
- Screw alignement
- Advertised GPU that won't fit (MSI 1070 GTX Aero)
- Useless dust Filter (retain too much heat)
- Useless SSD slot (Run too hot to be use, could be worse in front)
- Design could be improve (Vent in front of the case for GPU cooling)
- Some scratch appear near screw. Should be cautious when traveling with this case.
- Delivery time (3 mounths but maybe less now)
- Ram compatibility (Only concern rev 1)
- No custom number plate (Like FLEX #001)
- Can't add fan or anything else
- Case i get don't have the dimensions of the case i ordered