Concept CaseKraken JET - 10.4L XBOX-X Premium case

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Please vote - https://strawpoll.com/7hv4y82v9

it's very, very difficult. You got me thinking about size again, and yet which is better? Maintain the size of the Xbox with large iron restrictions or make an enlarged version with a volume of about 10 liters, which even water cooling will fit into?

Hello everyone, I think after the release of Xbox Series X, absolutely everyone thought that they wanted the same case, but for a computer. And I have an absolutely crazy idea - to make an "xbox form factor" case. My idea is to make a frame and put on an extruded milled aluminum casing on top.
I've been thinking about the layout for about a week now, and more and more I tend to face-to-face (video card fan opposite the processor). In this case, if you install a custom 160mm fan on top for blowing out, everything will be very good with temperatures, much better than using a sandwich. Do you think anyone needs it at all? I want to do this, but I don't understand - does anyone need a $ 200 Xbox case?
I understand why everyone liked him - in a world where advertising is everywhere, and other designer shit, black brick looks very nice, these sharp edges mmm ...

Last edited:
Reactions: SFF Watercooled

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
This is probably my first time keeping a work journal. I understand that the production of such a body is very expensive (extrusion die> 3-4k $), so I'm still thinking. I have read a lot of design literature and this time it will probably turn out to be something cool. But I understand that the only way to implement this project will be indigogo. I don't see any other options.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
I received approximate estimates from my supplier and I think that the final price of the case will be in the region of $ 200-250 (depending on how the business goes)

But now I want to ask you - what connectors should be on the front panel? Please vote on the link - https://strawpoll.com/7hv4y82v9

Personally, I think that two type si will be the best solution in 2020 (but I'm not sure)

As for the materials - the casing wall will be 3mm aluminum and will be fastened with a lock. And the frame is made of steel 1-1.5 mm, depending on the details)

Also upstairs I plan to install a quiet custom blower fan. Also 100% will be able to use at least one 240/280 radiator. And if I can realize my idea - then even two 240mm

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Well, you obviously can't follow the exact dimensions of the Xbox series X because the Xbox is 151mm x 151mm x 301mm. Hence an mITX mobo is not compatible. You might want to check out my layout design for a more square look:

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
Well, you obviously can't follow the exact dimensions of the Xbox series X because the Xbox is 151mm x 151mm x 301mm. Hence an mITX mobo is not compatible. You might want to check out my layout design for a more square look:
I have not yet had time to write about it here) This is not an Xbox clone, this is a case inspired by XBox)) At first I thought of keeping the dimensions and positioning the motherboard and the video card diagonally, but after the calculations I realized that there would be certain problems with temperatures, especially due to turbulence. Therefore, I decided to increase the dimensions to 18 * 18 * 32 + - (1.4 liters) so that water cooling would also fit. Now I think about the location of everything and conduct airflow tests (I will post the final layout here within 2-3 days)

I have already filled cones on my previous buildings and understood what and how to do it right (at least it seems to me so :D)

And I really want to make a COOL body that will appeal to many. I really see how people like the design of the new Xbox, and what can I say, it's really cool because it's just a square. And then there is also aluminum ...

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
The small footprint of Xbox Series X is great, however when it comes to design I would greatly prefer something like NZXT H1 but with separate side panels, better thermal design, 240mm rad support, and thinner frame.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
The small footprint of Xbox Series X is great, however when it comes to design I would greatly prefer something like NZXT H1 but with separate side panels, better thermal design, 240mm rad support, and thinner frame.
But what if it is also possible to install one / two 240mm radiators here and get temperatures NOT worse than in NZXT?
I like solid conception of xbox case without any panels on front/bottom sides

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
NZXT have perforation on panels. I want make xbox-like solid case with perforation only on rear panel (also for it i will use custom 160mm fan)
Ok I see, so I made my own thread:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Some crazy idea - now i test this)))

I had a similar radical layout idea, but one in which the motherboard is rotated 40 or 45 degrees in respect to the outer walls, which reduces the case dimensions to 155mm square (also accounts for the I/O shield area). This gets it very close to the footprint size of the Xbox Series X.

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
I wrote above about this idea) I also wanted to do this at first, but after simulating the air flow, I found a large number of eddies and rather poor cooling. so I decided to enlarge the body a little proportionally to fit more. Or still return to the previous idea? ;/
I really don't know what to choose ...

Serf1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CaseKraken
Jan 13, 2019
casekraken.com
it's very, very difficult. You got me thinking about size again, and yet which is better? Maintain the size of the Xbox with large iron restrictions or make an enlarged version with a volume of about 10 liters, which even water cooling will fit into?