• Discord?! We've had a Discord server for a while, but now we've opened it up to folks who aren't members of our fantastic community forum. Join our discussions by clicking the "Discord" button on the side menu!!

Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custmod.com

Our SX2 7.5L white case is next to a regular full tower ATX case.​

As you can see, the SX2 case is quite compact due to the sandwich arrangement of the components.
▶️ ️Case size 31x20x12cm.
▶️ ️These cases are made of 1mm steel, which makes them very durable!
▶️ ️Inside the case, you can install a two-slot full-fledged video card up to 305mm long.
▶️ ️Video card is located on the back of the motherboard and is connected via PCI-e x16 riser cable.
▶️ ️Mainboards of mini-ITX format with installed cooler up to 52mm high.
▶️ ️You can also use AIO 92mm as cooling, for example Asetek 645LT.
▶️ ️Above the motherboard, you can install a 92x14mm fan to blow the VRM. This is recommended when using a liquid cooling system to cool the CPU.
▶️ ️Under the power supply, there is a place for installing a 2.5" SSD or HDD. Or an AIO radiator is installed in this place.
▶️ ️The case is supplied with an angled SFX power supply cable located at the front.
Buy Case SX2 7.5L white

painterkev

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 15, 2022
I got case SX1 6.8L rev.6(was there rev 7?) in 2019 but never got round to even take out box. Have Ryzen 5 5600X and PSU,ram,CPU cooler ect lying around spare so might as well start this build. In CPU coolers have cryorig c7,NH-L9a-am4,AXP-90R Full copper and ID-Cooling IS-47k to chose from. My questions are 1. Is 48mm the cooler max height? 2. Even though the IS-47K might not be as capable as say AXP-90R,with fan being under heatsink would it be better option with the other CPU's fan being close to side panel and perhaps causing turbulence?. Finally build quality/tolerances seemed to get better by every Rev. Is there anything to watch out for when doing build?

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I got case SX1 6.8L rev.6(was there rev 7?) in 2019 but never got round to even take out box. Have Ryzen 5 5600X and PSU,ram,CPU cooler ect lying around spare so might as well start this build. In CPU coolers have cryorig c7,NH-L9a-am4,AXP-90R Full copper and ID-Cooling IS-47k to chose from. My questions are 1. Is 48mm the cooler max height? 2. Even though the IS-47K might not be as capable as say AXP-90R,with fan being under heatsink would it be better option with the other CPU's fan being close to side panel and perhaps causing turbulence?. Finally build quality/tolerances seemed to get better by every Rev. Is there anything to watch out for when doing build?

I think due to the war in the Ukraine its a nice thing to have one of those cases. :)

I've done a build some months ago in one of the SX cases:

Maybe its going to help you with your build! :)
Wouldn't recommend the IS-47K tho... Thermalright AXP90 all the way! :)

painterkev

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 15, 2022
I think due to the war in the Ukraine its a nice thing to have one of those cases. :)

Sorry didn't see your comment.. Used AXP90r Full in the end. Tried different brackets,screws ect to get a backplate to fit but no luck on Asrock B550 itx,so chanced just screws. Fitted NF-A9x14 on top of heatsink and on bottom of case as intake. Runs cooler and quieter than I thought. The IS-47K(with NF-A9x14) I used on Deskmini X300 build,thanks to ETA PRIME video. That is a great fit,if not the best fit for that case

painterkev

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 15, 2022

Sorry didn't see your comment.. Used AXP90r Full in the end. Tried different brackets,screws ect to get a backplate to fit but no luck on Asrock B550 itx,so chanced just screws. Fitted NF-A9x14 on top of heatsink and on bottom of case as intake. Runs cooler and quieter than I thought. The IS-47K(with NF-A9x14) I used on Deskmini X300 build,thanks to ETA PRIME video. That is a great fit,if not the best fit for that case