Case screws

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
on the NFC site with S4, he is using a screw with a hex fitting it is not flush like the one that came with the case, I would love to get them, your help would be appreciated

noobi3st

Trash Compacter
Sep 22, 2016
@brookZ What you're looking for are 6-32 1/4" round cap hex screws, somewhat like this or this. There are also non-flush flat head screws such as this and this. If you're looking for something that looks a little more premium, there are these. Pretty much any 6-32 1/4" screw will work, it just depends on what look/color/material you're going for.

noobi3st

Trash Compacter
Sep 22, 2016
The case screws are definitely not 6-32. I just received some 6-32 screws and they a way too big.
Might be different between the S4M-C and the S4M? Don't have an S4M laying around, but they're definitely 6-32 on the Classic.

@Josh | NFC are the screws different between the Skyreach and the Classic?

R4H8E

Caliper Novice
Sep 10, 2018
Also if any anyone with a classic wants 50x Philips and 50x Allen stainless screws, pm me. Lol.

Returning the screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: loader963

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
As @noobi3st said, the S4M-C are 6-32.

The S4M are M3, per feedback I received. I hate it when manufacturers make changes like that too, but I also want to listen to my customers. Sometimes you can't win. :)

Peace and thank you for the good answers!!!

Reactions: loader963

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
I thought S4M-C are 3/16" long? And the two rear screws are 3/8".No issues with 1/4"? @Josh | NFC can we use 1/4" for both? or 3/8" for both?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If you search for key words like "small head" "small diameter" "low profile recessed" you may get what you want. I found some on aliexpress, but none so in black. At least in lower quantities you can't quite customize it.

Misumi sells some in small quantifies, but to go black you need 4,000 units.

https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221000547360/

The diameter of misumi's is 5mm, and the total head length is 1.3mm. Not the same as Lian Li's, but at least gets us close.

Reactions: Ionrent

colorist

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 7, 2020
Did anyone ever solve this?
I just bought a used skyreach where the owner stripped all the outer screw holes and screws. I Retreaded to M3, but now I am having trouble finding the screws!

I may have to up the size to M3.5 too, I'm not sure these threads are strong enough since they were previously stripped, but I won't now for sure till I get my hands on the screws.

I wish they were 6-32? hahaha. Well I like these screws, but I wish they were easy to get.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Did anyone ever solve this?
I just bought a used skyreach where the owner stripped all the outer screw holes and screws. I Retreaded to M3, but now I am having trouble finding the screws!

I may have to up the size to M3.5 too, I'm not sure these threads are strong enough since they were previously stripped, but I won't now for sure till I get my hands on the screws.

I wish they were 6-32? hahaha. Well I like these screws, but I wish they were easy to get.

You have to go up to M3.5, which is the same as #6. Stock threading is M3, so you can't rethread into that.