Discussion Case Layout ideas

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Hello SFF enthusiasts.

over the last couple of months I did several Case layouts.
I started every idea but only till the Rough layout. Then I stopped because I dont know how to design the outside enclousure.
Here I want to share them. Please share your thoughts and give me feedback or suggestions what to change and what could make the Case idea better.

First Idea:

ATX, sfx(-), 280 Front, 120 bottom, 92 rear, maybe 240 on top,

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
That's a lot of WC action in a small space, looks efficient, but potentially overly complex.
Is that for a full size (244mm square) mATX or ATX board?
My immediate reaction is that you haven't left enough room for the SFX power cables to exit and turn 90 degrees, especially with a modular PSU.
With all those rads there will also be a lot of volume taken up by tubing by the look of it. I'm no WC expert, but have followed SFF builds for a long time.
Good to see what Fusion 360 can do, keep up the great work!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23607

That's a lot of WC action in a small space, looks efficient, but potentially overly complex.
Is that for a full size (244mm square) mATX or ATX board?
My immediate reaction is that you haven't left enough room for eth SFX power cables to exit and turn 90 degrees, especially with a modular PSU.
With all those rads there will also be a lot of volume taken up by tubing by the look of it. I'm no WC expert, but have followed SFF builds for a long time.
Good to see what Fusion 360 can do, keep up the great work!
Judging by the rear PCI slots, it's meant for a μ-ATX motherboard (micro). Definitely agree that there's likely no space at all for a SFX-L PSU though. I'm sure if you do so, you'd sacrifice needing more volume.

@Da_Korn seems like you could fit 2 120mm fan mounts at the top of the case, could potentially fit a 92x184mm rad up there as well. I'd also advise having the PSU fan facing down (so, a cutout there with mesh filtration or something).

Reactions: Da_Korn