Bye bye, 20+ years of FrankenPC’s... Hello, SFF!

Howdy SFF forum... Where have you been all my life?

I’ve been lurking the forums for a few months now and can’t believe I didn’t know about this place sooner! After 20+ years of building massive FrankenPC’s out of whatever parts I could gather and mesh together, it is time to build a machine for myself that doesn’t require a hand truck to be moved.

The wealth of information, knowledge and inspiration that I have gathered from this forum and its members is awesome. Not to mention some of the amazing cases that I have discovered herein. I feel like “Charlie”, visiting the chocolate factory!

After months of contemplating, I have decided to build my first SFF pc in the Lazer3D CG7. It is simply a stunning case that I don’t want to live without any longer. @owliwar , @K888D ... what kind of SFF sorcery is this? Such a gorgeous case! I can’t wait to get it in my hands.

My first SFF build will be based on the Ryzen 2400g and powered via the HDPlex 200w combo(when it becomes available). It fits my current usage almost perfectly. And with the 3000 series on the horizon(fingers crossed), it should provide me with a great upgrade path in the future. Build log to come...

Lastly.... a big shout out to the forum founders, mods, makers and members. This place really is something great. I look forward to seeing what is yet to come from the minds of the SFF community!

Regards,
ThePilgrim

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! The CG7 is a case one can easily love, I'm very happy with the LZ7 from Lazer3D myself.

Reactions: ThePilgrim

ThePilgrim

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 14, 2019
Welcome to the forum ! The CG7 is a case one can easily love, I'm very happy with the LZ7 from Lazer3D myself.

My wallet is already weeping and I’m just getting started. The LZ7 was high on my list with several others, but the footprint isn’t ideal for my desk. My guess is that I’ll soon have a new desk(s), and more cases than I know what to do with. I shamefully ordered 2 of each component for my build so I can surprise my mother with a new pc also. Though I think deciding on a case for her will be more difficult than the decision for mine. Guaranteed, this is only the beginning of my dive down the SFF rabbit hole.

Reactions: owliwar and Phuncz