Buy/Sell/Trade Troubles

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Especially in regards to the topic asking for money orders, I couldn't help but notice it was his first post.

I personally think that some level of community engagement should be encouraged/enforced before posting there. A lot of people have also said that they don't know how to edit posts and whether or not that's BS I think such a solution would resolve that too.

Thoughts?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think that the problem for the admins is that as soon as they get involved on determining payment etc. there is some implied liability there. I personally think the best method of dealing with this (seriously) is to immediately get incredibly uncivil providing an excuse to just lock the thread.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
I always thought that the Bronze Supporter requirement did a decent job of encouraging community engagement by requiring a literal buy-in, and I appreciate that the current approach even allows people such as myself—lurkers who don't post often—to participate too.

No system is perfect, of course, but given the value of the merchandise involved in a field of this sort, this forum has done a remarkably excellent job of discouraging bad actors from participating, and I think that closing the money order route is an additional step in the right direction. It may be that the staff should take even more steps, but this recent situation was handled well and in a timely manner, and it appears to be an outlier among activity on the board, so I'm inclined to think that things are okay as they are.