Build advice

Savoury

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
Hello, I have just ordered the new v4. I am used to making my own computer and do the same fault everytime, pay for an extra feature that I'll not use.

Could you help to build a good configuration, not too hot, viable as long as possible.

I'll do my own cables to optimize the airflow and want to run on M2 drive.

Thanks

Savoury

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019

Thank you @dondan, i dont specify my budget so i'll go for the high end.
Why do you choose B450 chipset over X470, after some researchs, the only difference is the CPU PCIE Bifurcation. ( may i call that an extra feature :D )

The main purpose is to be the most silent when i work and never mind how the fans rotate because i wear a headset when i play

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I choose B450 because it is more than enough. There are no features on x470 that gives you a advantage of B450.

Savoury

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
The blackridge is unavailable for my region, may i have another option ?

More over you said about improving air cooling to put different additionnal fans:

For under the motherboard use the Noctua A9x14.
For under the PSU you can use Noctua NF-A9.

But with the fan on cpu cooler, i ll able to plug only one additionnal fan, the gigibytes B450i allow to connect 2 fans ( probably under the motherboard )
With the high end version, do you think 3 fans are overkill ?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The blackridge is unavailable for my region, may i have another option ?

I recommend the Noctua L9a for this CPU + adding a fan duct so the L9a will be nearly on the same level as the Black Ridge because with this mod it does not recycle hot air. There will be a turorial on dan-cases.com on weekend how to do it.
Since the 2700x is able to clock depending on the temps it could be that you lose the Mhz but I you play also with undervolting on the CPU for example offset -0,05V you should be able to cool it in specs while holding full torbo.

But with the fan on cpu cooler, i ll able to plug only one additionnal fan, the gigibytes B450i allow to connect 2 fans ( probably under the motherboard )
With the high end version, do you think 3 fans are overkill ?

Every Noctua fan includes a Y-cable to connect two fans on one header. These fans will not help lowering the CPU temp but it will reduce motherboard components temp and PSU temp.

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
Noctua fans comes with a fan splitter cable. So you could connect two fans to one header.

I hope SFFLabs stock the BlackRidge too. I also just found out that OC.uk don't ship to my country. :(

Savoury

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
Dont know about the Y-cable , nice stuff.

ok for noctua l9a, any other idea for component update? CPU MOBO ?

CodeBeing

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019

Savoury

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
Hi , thank you for feedbacks.

750 platinium i am thinking about it.
SSD no needs i'll work with a M2.
the cooler you suggest, is for intel.