Jul 24, 2018
Specs:
i5-8400
Zotac 2060
16 gb ram 2666
1tb 960 evo nvme
HD Plex 400w acdc + dcdc
I forgot which motherboard it is.

This build is currently a proof of concept, and requires you to mod the case and possibly also the gpu (I am open for suggestions on how to mount the gpu). It fits (barely) and the power button will need to be moved somewhere else, if I cannot find a super thin button on the interwebz.

As you can see here the gpu is currently a bit sideways since I could not connect the hdmi cable due to the little grill. The grill will be cut off the case allowing the card to sit horizontal. How to mount the card in place I am still a bit unsure of, but my current plan is to drill through the cabinet and then into the hole in the gpu from where i removed the backplate to make it fit. On the other end of the card I am still not sure what to do, since I plan on replacing the fans with 2x noctua on the gpu.

Once again this is just the first time I had closed the case, it is by no means the final build, just to show that you can fit oversized cards with the hd plex 400w on the side of the case. I beliee I could still make more room allowing for a zotac 2070.

Reactions: owliwar