Discussion BIG Problem w/SFF.Net

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
It's true. I have a terrible problem with the Small Form Factor community here.

So many creative people here create so many things. Unique ideas and quality implementations realized. Other than professional sites, such as CAD pros collaborating, I haven't experienced this kind of thing anywhere else. Especially the amazing cooperation between competitors, of a type.

This leads to my BIG problem. I don't have enough money to support everyone and buy a piece of genuine creativity from every worthy designer/creator.

I am off rob the public fountain of pennies to buy a lottery ticket and hope.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

So many creative people here create so many things. Unique ideas and quality implementations realized. Other than professional sites, such as CAD pros collaborating, I haven't experienced this kind of thing anywhere else. Especially the amazing cooperation between competitors, of a type.

This leads to my BIG problem. I don't have enough money to support everyone and buy a piece of genuine creativity from every worthy designer/creator.

You damn near gave me a heart attack! Glad to see you'rte loving the place :D

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Blood and plasma. It regenerates.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

I share your pain....

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
We already considered a support group for our... troublesome content. All those lovely projects are so amazing, you want to support them all. I have more than a few empty SFF cases...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
We already considered a support group for our... troublesome content. All those lovely projects are so amazing, you want to support them all. I have more than a few empty SFF cases...

Indeed, do remember that we have

"Dr Arboreal's" Case Hoarding Therapy Group

I don't seem to have had many 'patients' recently

I only have one surplus case at the moment, but I do have 3 office PCs (mATX-no nasty big stuff...) to dispose of before SWMBO gets too upset

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
All those lovely projects are so amazing, you want to support them all
I have a specific problem with independent German engineering. There's people from certain countries that for whatever reason decide to embark on really crazy projects (maybe something in the weather) and then fast-forward 2 months later money is out of my wallet and I don't understand how that happened.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Speaking of WAF, I have to carefully plan my approach toward ... well ... my Hi-Fi needs XD
As far as I am aware WAF is a term borrowed from the HiFi enthusiast World.
My beloved Linn kit with floorstanders is long gone, we just have an AIO soundbar with integrated sub 😢.
I do however, have some Mission bookshelf speakers in my office at work, an 'inverted drive geometry' reminder of simpler happy times!