Accessory Best Wireless Mechanical Keyboard?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Title pretty much sums it up. Wondering what the best Tenkeyless and standard wireless mechanical keyboards are. Cheers!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I have only experienced the Corsair K63 wireless personalIy. I picked up a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it so far.

Cherry reds and although it’s plastic throughout it feels solid. No issues mashing del key to get to the bios and seems very responsive in both typing and gaming. This and the Logitech g403 make a nice wireless kb mouse combo.

Reactions: owliwar and Kmpkt

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Nice! Definitely a nice price. Crap I have always wanted to try a 60% kb and it looks like the Drevo has some diff switch options. Blacks seem interesting to me. MUST RESIST. BT seems to get less love from the gamer crowd for latency reasons but for a HTPC or the light gamer it may be fine.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
I've found the Anne Pro to be very popular, it also has its own subreddit. The only reason I havent got one is because I have no experience with such a company keyboard. Filco also makes one or two wireless keyboards that have decent reviews online.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I threw away a overloaded box of these mechanical keyboard back in the late 90s. You're telling me they're worth $100+ a pop now? What the hell?

Reactions: ignsvn

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Alongside this question - is there a full sized (with tenkey, because I'm not a pleb), wireless KB with MX Browns?

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Nice! Definitely a nice price. Crap I have always wanted to try a 60% kb and it looks like the Drevo has some diff switch options. Blacks seem interesting to me. MUST RESIST. BT seems to get less love from the gamer crowd for latency reasons but for a HTPC or the light gamer it may be fine.

Your experience with Bluetooth is heavily going to depend on the devices you're using, including your computer's Bluetooth receiver and possibly the positioning of any antennae.

That keyboard has the latest and greatest Bluetooth, 4.0, which is pretty good. If you have a quality Bluetooth receiver (that has decent conditions, i.e. isn't behind tons of thick steel panels of a computer case) you should have a fine couch-to-computer experience. I'd think.

Reactions: TheHig

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Filco also makes one or two wireless keyboards that have decent reviews online.

After researching today, I was actually kind of leaning towards the Filco Convertible 2 TKL since I love my Majestouch 2 TKL. Just need to figure out the difference between Cherry Blacks and Browns.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I have only experienced the Corsair K63 wireless personalIy. I picked up a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it so far.

Cherry reds and although it’s plastic throughout it feels solid. No issues mashing del key to get to the bios and seems very responsive in both typing and gaming. This and the Logitech g403 make a nice wireless kb mouse combo.
HW Canucks just made a video about it, it looks like an awesome wireless TKL board:

Reactions: TheHig

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The one thing scaring me away from the Corsair is the unnecessary bulk they chose to add so they could put their ugly logo on it.

Reactions: zovc

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Resident HHKB god here.

Go with the Filco Convertible and pick yourself up a dope PBT keyset because ABS is literally ass to type on. Maybe in orange to match your S4 build.

Edit: Also, to answer your question about switches. Blacks are a linear switch with no tactile feedback (these are essentially reds but with a heavier spring and might be my personal favorite Cherry switch). Browns are a tactile switch with a little bump in each depression of the switch.

If you have the ability to test out switches before buying, do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh | NFC

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Very happy with my logitech G613. Not cherry keys but they feel great and it has been a seamless experience so far. Got it for 50% off on black black 2017!

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Is anyone here doing any gaming on these wireless mechs? Would love to hear some input.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The one thing scaring me away from the Corsair is the unnecessary bulk they chose to add so they could put their ugly logo on it.

You could pry that Corsair logo plate right off and put a sweet Kmpkt logo on there instead :cool:

I do agree the body could be slimmer. Also Corsair using non ‘standard ‘ key spacing makes it less customizable as @Thehack mentioned. I would like it to come down to under 100usd as well. But it has been performing well and I am definitely satisfied so far.

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Went ahead and bought the Filco Convertible 2 with Cherry Black switches. Will let you guys know what I think when I get it.

Reactions: TheHig and Phuncz