Cooling Best 140mm (25mm) PWM fan options for radiators?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 11, 2022
Hey all,

So, I've been doing some digging and can't find any real useful reviews/data on 140mm fans. There's some out there, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I'm always looking at the Noctua Chromax's and the Lian Li Uni Fans, but I'm unsure on the performance of the Unis.

I've read about Arctics but heard they can be pretty annoying.... Any input is appreciated.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Arctic's P14 PWM are amazing for the price, you can get a 5-pack of them for the price of 1 Noctua A14 chromax and they perform almost as well.

They aren't annoying sounding imo, mine have a bit of resonance sound around 1100 rpm, but you can minimize it by adjusting the fan curve. Otherwise they're pretty damn quiet.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Arctic's P14 PWM are amazing for the price, you can get a 5-pack of them for the price of 1 Noctua A14 chromax and they perform almost as well.

They aren't annoying sounding imo, mine have a bit of resonance sound around 1100 rpm, but you can minimize it by adjusting the fan curve. Otherwise they're pretty damn quiet.
Agreed, plus I find the A14's to be far inferior to the A12x25 in terms of overall sonic quality (aka, if you like the a12x25's and consider them the best sounding fans ever, you'll be super disappointed with the a14's. They need a redesign.). The last leak I saw had the new 140mm from Nautica coming out Q1 this year, guess they got delayed.

Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 11, 2022
Well, given the price of the Arctics, I bought a five pack. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the input, friends!

I'll plug one in on my current build and see how it does for a couple of weeks. If I don't like it, guess I can always shift my plans back to 120mm and grab some all black Gentle Typhoons.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm going Arctic also to cool a HWL GTR 560. But Noctua is supposed to come out with a new-gen of 140mm fans in Q4 2022 - that is if they do not push it back again, time after time.

Reactions: XNine and rfarmer