Cooling Best 10 buck case fan?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Noctua makes a legit fan, but I feel that 20% of it is just extra premium stuff that I don't need to pay for at this point (as I have a drawer full of their resistors and extensions). I've used their NF-S12B and I find them pretty good at 14 bucks but the static pressure is a teensy bit low for general use.

So with that out of the way.

1. Quiet.
2. Min static pressure 2.5
3. Single cable
4. $10

CXXXXXR "Quiet Edition" is below my bar.

Thanks!

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I second that choice, the Fractal silent series are excellent low cost fans and would be my choice at the budget to mid end of the spectrum.

They have just released an R3 version, not sure how they compare to the R2.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Reactions: Josh | NFC

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I've used the Arctic Cooling F12's in the past, they are quiet at low rpm and shift a decent amount of air, but once they start ramping up they can get very loud very quickly. Not sure if they have improved their design in the last 2 years?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Great suggestions all around!

I'm going to try a couple of these on the list...starting with Fractal. I also got some of their Venturi fans as the specs look amazing even if they were 33% more.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Yeah...these Venturi fans kick butt. They are el-primo built (as good as the other guys I love), move a TON of air, work well behind a radiator, and are quiet. At low speeds they are so nice...

I did a pretty useless video comparing them to a "normal" case fan...I wish I didn't waste my time. I did it at low speeds too but the mic doesn't grab the low speed bearing grindy sound for the normal fans. You can kind of hear it as it starts up though.

At any rate, I highly recommend them.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I own 2 venturi hp12 and i must admit that these are really good especially at low rpm. At higher rpm, motor noise is a bit too much compared to gentle typhoon ap15..:)

@josh it's a pity that currently scythe gentle typhoon are nowadays way too expensive (25-30€) whereas i bought mines (x6) when they just costed 13€...what a pity.