Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Admins, sorry for the consecutive double post as I can't seem to modify my post above.

@Densium.net, I have noticed the following during checkout:

1. DV42 code doesn't seem to work on the riser
2. USD19.99 shipping was added even though densium 4+ v2 currently has free shipping promotion

Not a big deal overall. Just want to check I haven't made a mistake. I am in Australia in case that affects shipping costs.
Not sure if just a typo, but the code is D4V2, not DV42. If you have more accessory items, you’ll need to use a different discount code. For 2 items (e.g. D4 + risers + wifi antennas) use code D4V22, and for 3 items use code D4V23!

The discount code have been working for other orders, so it should be working properly for you too!

Skyrnek

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2022
It probably bas to do with the metal hooks that hold the fan not being properly attached
Thanks for the guess. You mean the brackets that connect heatsink and fan, right? Or the ones going through the mobo?
The brackets dont seem super tight, any suggestion on how to give them a bit more tension?

rod

Caliper Novice
Oct 29, 2020
Thanks for the guess. You mean the brackets that connect heatsink and fan, right? Or the ones going through the mobo?
The brackets dont seem super tight, any suggestion on how to give them a bit more tension?
Exactly, I was referring to the brackets. They have like a small gap on the sides (not sure if on all 4 or just 2, you might want to check that) so you can fit the bracket in. You might need to apply some small force to fit it in. Make sure you don’t overdo it though, you don’t want to feel like a fool if you break them. From my own experience they are a bit annoying but that applies to every single bracket like that i guess but once attached the rumble should stop. At least mine doesn’t rumble and they are properly attached

@Densium.net you might want to check on your old links (at least for the 4+) because you can add the v1 to the basket. Not sure if this is intended

Reactions: Densium.net

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
Just preordered the D4 plus V2. Have to sell my D4plus V1 locally, when i get it XD.

Oh btw you forgot to put in the size of your Leather Desk Mat in the Shop.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Finally got around to starting my D4+ (prototype, but fully working) build. Unfortunately I was just a hair too optimistic about fitting my MeanWell UHP-350-12 PSU into the case. Missing just a few mm of clearance there. I could make it fit, but that would require mangling modifying the lower front panel mount + modifying the rear around the PSU cutout, and I just can't be bothered (especially since wire routing would still be a major pain). As I've already got a great G-Unique ArchDaemon PicoPSU that I don't want to go to waste, I've ordered a MeanWell RPS-400-12-C instead, which is more Flex-like in its form factor and should fit well. Slightly cheaper than any of the good FlexATX units too. I just hope Mouser will actually ship it to me, as their site indicates that they only sell those to certain businesses. Fingers crossed! If not I guess I'll have to order one of those Overtek-modded units. For now, the build is set up with the UHP as a power brick with the DC input of the ArchDaemon dangling out the back. Very frustrating that this was so close to coming together, but I guess that's life when you're working with weird preconditions like a very, very nonstandard PSU. For now everything here is a huge mess, so just a couple of photos, but I might do more when things really come together. Really love the simplicity and looks of the case.

Some specs for the build - and as you'll see, this is mostly a "use what you have/what's cheap and available" type of build, for use as a secondary/travel PC.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570S. Free. Delidded, re-timmed with Conductonaut. Possibly the only delidded 4570S ever to exist?
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 ITX. Already owned.
Motherboard: Asus Z97-I Plus. Only major new (used) purchase for this build outside of the case (and now the PSU).
RAM: 16GB of generic OEM DDR3-1600. Free.
SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo mSATA in a SATA adapter. Already owned.
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9i. Already owned.

Future additions: Noctua foam spacers for the CPU fan; an Intel AX210 WiFi card as soon as Ebay ships me my mPCIe-to-m.2 adapter; maybe an SSD for the m.2 slot on the back of the motherboard. Possibly some 40mm or 60mm Noctua fans for PSU cooling.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Finally got around to starting my D4+ (prototype, but fully working) build. Unfortunately I was just a hair too optimistic about fitting my MeanWell UHP-350-12 PSU into the case. Missing just a few mm of clearance there. I could make it fit, but that would require mangling modifying the lower front panel mount + modifying the rear around the PSU cutout, and I just can't be bothered (especially since wire routing would still be a major pain). As I've already got a great G-Unique ArchDaemon PicoPSU that I don't want to go to waste, I've ordered a MeanWell RPS-400-12-C instead, which is more Flex-like in its form factor and should fit well. Slightly cheaper than any of the good FlexATX units too. I just hope Mouser will actually ship it to me, as their site indicates that they only sell those to certain businesses. Fingers crossed! If not I guess I'll have to order one of those Overtek-modded units. For now, the build is set up with the UHP as a power brick with the DC input of the ArchDaemon dangling out the back. Very frustrating that this was so close to coming together, but I guess that's life when you're working with weird preconditions like a very, very nonstandard PSU. For now everything here is a huge mess, so just a couple of photos, but I might do more when things really come together. Really love the simplicity and looks of the case.

Some specs for the build - and as you'll see, this is mostly a "use what you have/what's cheap and available" type of build, for use as a secondary/travel PC.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570S. Free. Delidded, re-timmed with Conductonaut. Possibly the only delidded 4570S ever to exist?
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 ITX. Already owned.
Motherboard: Asus Z97-I Plus. Only major new (used) purchase for this build outside of the case (and now the PSU).
RAM: 16GB of generic OEM DDR3-1600. Free.
SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo mSATA in a SATA adapter. Already owned.
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9i. Already owned.

Future additions: Noctua foam spacers for the CPU fan; an Intel AX210 WiFi card as soon as Ebay ships me my mPCIe-to-m.2 adapter; maybe an SSD for the m.2 slot on the back of the motherboard. Possibly some 40mm or 60mm Noctua fans for PSU cooling.
Very nice build!

Reactions: Valantar

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
Just want to add something, when building a PC with a Riser, since i made that stupid mistake.

If you use a PCI-E 3.0 Riser, but a PCI-E 4.0 Board and GPU, you won't get a video output. You need to manually change the PCI-E Gen in the Bios to 3.0 beforehand, by slotting the GPU into the Board and boot it the Bios up outside of the case to get a Video output of the Bios. Unless you have an integrated iGPU, which my Ryzen didn't XD.

Reactions: rfarmer

Fankle

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 6, 2020
I love the Plus version but I'm not into the new front usb c, only the power button on the front looks much more clean to me. Is it possible to order it without the front panel usb c cutout?

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Am I reading the site right? There's not only a 4+ v2, but now a 4 v2 right?
Is there a specific post illustrating the difference/changes made?

Sorry, I'm coming into this project late. I'm playing catch up on the development process. But I REALLY love this case design, and the absolutely gorgeous wooden front panel!
I'm all but certain that I'll be building my Q4 gaming PC into this case, provided the 13th Gen Intel/AM5 AMD and Nvidia 40-series give us literally anything that will still fit physically and thermally into this formfactor.

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Am I reading the site right? There's not only a 4+ v2, but now a 4 v2 right?
Is there a specific post illustrating the difference/changes made?

Sorry, I'm coming into this project late. I'm playing catch up on the development process. But I REALLY love this case design, and the absolutely gorgeous wooden front panel!
I'm all but certain that I'll be building my Q4 gaming PC into this case, provided the 13th Gen Intel/AM5 AMD and Nvidia 40-series give us literally anything that will still fit physically and thermally into this formfactor.
CPUs won't be a problem - those are tunable and don't come bundled with coolers. GPUs? You can forget about any 40 series launching in the next year, at the very least. If the rumors are anything to go by, even the 4060 will be hot enough that most coolers will be too large for a case like this. And, of course, the 4060 isn't going to be among the first 40 series cards to launch, but will be at least a few months after the initial ones. And now there are rumors of Nvidia postponing the launch till closer to christmas too due to too much 30 series stock.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Anyone wanna brainstorm with me on how I can run external liquid cooling with this chassis? My gaming rig runs external cooling and I love it. It's so convenient and efficient.

I'm just not entirely sure where I can run the In/Out ports on the chassis.

First thought is the front of the bottom. There should be room for a in/out but I'd have to get some pretty tall feet and it might look pretty awkward

Last edited:

cainzhou96

Case Bender
New User
May 1, 2022
I was just trying to order a Desium 4 V2. Does it still have free shipping? It said $20 shipping when I was checking out.

Hazzerboraco

Cable Smoosher
Jul 19, 2022
Hello.
Gen 4 riser cables are currently out of stock but I'd like to place an order while the free shipping and half price accessories deals are active.
Is there a way to make this happen?

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
CPUs won't be a problem - those are tunable and don't come bundled with coolers. GPUs? You can forget about any 40 series launching in the next year, at the very least. If the rumors are anything to go by, even the 4060 will be hot enough that most coolers will be too large for a case like this. And, of course, the 4060 isn't going to be among the first 40 series cards to launch, but will be at least a few months after the initial ones. And now there are rumors of Nvidia postponing the launch till closer to christmas too due to too much 30 series stock.
Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the nuances of SFF. Not my first rodeo 🤠👍.

I'll likely go with Ryzen 7000's highest perf/core 65W option, depending on benchmark results. I'm not strictly gaming focused as I also do a fair amount of homelab and infosec hobbyist stuff as well. As long as my games aren't bottlenecked, IPC and core count will matter more than frequency.

As for GPUs, I'd like to see the rumored low perf (probably non-ti) 4060 version make it into something resembling an ITX formfactor, but that's wishful thinking.
In the mean time, I've got alerts setup for a well priced RTX A4000. I'll do a SFF 3060 cooler swap, then tweak the crap out of it until I can get close to 3070 perf with a 16GB card for ~150-160W.

Altogether, a sub-300W build shouldn't be tough with some time spent on power tweaking.