Asus Z490 i-gaming + Corsair H100i platinum + Ncase M1

sookainian

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Anyone able to confirm whether the Asus Z490 i-gaming motherboard can fit the corsair h100i platinum inside the Ncase M1 ?

I understand some water block is unable to clear the Asus Z490 because of the VRM heatsink in the way.

Anyone able to advise better ? Thank you alot in adviace.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone able to confirm whether the Asus Z490 i-gaming motherboard can fit the corsair h100i platinum inside the Ncase M1 ?

I understand some water block is unable to clear the Asus Z490 because of the VRM heatsink in the way.

Anyone able to advise better ? Thank you alot in adviace.
Pcpartpicker lists two builds of having Asus Z490-I Gaming with H100i Platinum.
So, it seems there is no physical conflict between them.

Reactions: rfarmer

sookainian

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Thank you ! Yep I know it will work if we mount the waterblock with hose coming out from the RAM side (right).

But for Ncase M1 because of space constrain, we might need to rotate the waterblock with hose coming out from the top or left side right ?

So that the radiator can be mounted without kinking the piping ?

Please advise thanks in advance !

makeitbetter

Case Bender
New User
Sep 5, 2020
I have the Asus Z490-I and the Corsair H100i XT, which should be the same physical hardware just not all of the RBG features. I'm also using Patriot Viper Ram.

Fits pretty well, albeit snug as expected. The waterblock on the CPU's alignment was so that the "Corsair" logo is face up, which results in the hoses coming out the side toward the RAM. To accommodate the extra length of the hoses, I installed the intercooler with the hose barbs facing the PSU mounting location. After doing some research, I believe that the intercooler could now technically be upside down, but this provided the best fit IMO without putting too much stress on the motherboard/CPU mounts. The good is is that the top hose barb on the intercooler is still above the hose barb connection on the CPU block, so there shouldn't be any air accumulation in the waterblock.

Good luck on your build!