GPU ASUS GTX 1050ti Mini Revealed

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The pricing seems very reasonable! Much lower than I've been anticipating. Now only to get a LP version for my HTPC :)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The EVGA and Zotac Mini Cards are the same length (144.78mm). The upside to the Zotac is all connectors are on a single slot making it a candidate for an EKWB Thermosphere should you feel the need to water cool a single slotted 1050ti. The EVGA and SC in particular sounds like it's about the quietest fan (and hopefully will go semi fanless with a BIOS update like their 1060 SC). The thing only runs like 63 degrees balls to the walls.

With all of that information in mind, does anyone know if there is a way to hack around the 75W limit in power from the PCIe slot to allow for more aggressive overclocking (since thermals appear to be so damned good)?

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
With all of that information in mind, does anyone know if there is a way to hack around the 75W limit in power from the PCIe slot to allow for more aggressive overclocking (since thermals appear to be so damned good)?
No specific hacking needed, but you're at the mercy of what your motherboard will tolerate without instability (or damage).

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
The EVGA and Zotac Mini Cards are the same length (144.78mm). The upside to the Zotac is all connectors are on a single slot making it a candidate for an EKWB Thermosphere should you feel the need to water cool a single slotted 1050ti.

Or get a longer card and go wild with this fullcover 1050 Ti waterblock: http://videocardz.com/63983/bykski-announces-first-water-block-for-gtx-1050tigtx-1050

This is a matter of "no such thing as too much overkill". XD

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 16, 2015
I wish all cards came in mini forms like this... Why didn't they put exhaust on it though?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Exhaust? Like a blower fan or something?