Asetek 645LT vs Eisbaer LT 120 vs EKWB AIO noise levels (for ~8.5L case)

Fruergaard

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
Hi all
So I'm designing a new sandwich case with 3D printed parts and laser cut panels making it cheap and "possible/easy" for all to create.

Right now I'm debating with my self what AIO cooler I should go for as the design leaves for a large unused space, perfect for an AIO ;-)
For my system the I5 9600kf is going to be underclocked @~4.8ghz, so the temperature difference between 92 mm and 120 mm radiator (and copper vs alu) is limited.
The noise from the pump at idle is my main concern and hoping to get some inputs;
No one knows how the EKWB AIO will sounds, but as it's build around their SPC pump I think it's in the same range as the others.
So what would you go for;
1) Asetek 645LT with a NF-A9 PWM chromax
2) Eisberg LT with a Alphacool NexXxos ST45 92mm with a NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax
(those are the only two options without increasing case length)

Or increase case by 28mm in length (~0.75L extra volume (~8.75L total)) for 120mm AIO options and SFX-L support (I have the SF750 coming in soon).
3) Eisberg LT 120
4) EKWB AIO
5) some other 120mm AIO

For the slim 120mm AIOs (25~28mm) it's possible to use a single 25mm fan or two 15mm fans.

Best regards
Simon

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Stupid answer from my side. Why not going to aircoolers?

Otherwise having tested both 645lt and eisbaer, this later is able to reach 1000rpm only, making it a bit quieter than asetek (this one can get around 1350rpm)

Fruergaard

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
Stupid answer from my side. Why not going to aircoolers?

Otherwise having tested both 645lt and eisbaer, this later is able to reach 1000rpm only, making it a bit quieter than asetek (this one can get around 1350rpm)
Not a stupid answer :-), And thanks for the numbers, seems the eisbaer is a fine enough unit?
Also has the possibility to scale up, perhaps a 240mm and include GFX.
The upcoming EKWB AIO is PWM controlled and should do 450 rpm at the lowest, which is quite lower than both the Asetek and Eisbaer.
Just a shame it's an alu radiator and a copper cold plate... And ~52 mm pump unit height :-/
Though breaking the warranty by cutting the tubes, it is still expandable :-)

I currently have a LP53 + Noctua B9 (25 mm) in my current case on a 8600K @1.2V with 4.6ghz which is reasonable silent.
However, i'm rather positive that the LP53 won't fit on a Strix Z390i (haven't tested it as the CPU cooler is difficult to get out).
Also, my new design has the same feature of Sidearm T1 with moving the motherboard to prioritize space for GFX or CPU (though by sliding and not just two positions).
Which for me is a ~3 slot GFX (Strix card with 25mm fans) and limited space for CPU (LP53 with a 14 mm fan or a NH-L9i).
Though depth enough for a ~50mm AIO solution (rad + fan).
Thats why the AIO solution is compelling to me.

And the thinner the GFX, the thicker the AIO solution. 50mm i plenty for my CPU needs.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
We all agree that most of us will prioritize GFX over CPU...;)

For AIO, be careful that too low pump speed won't be enough to cool anything..:D

As cpu cooler, you can also go Cryorig C7 cu..:) Should work pretty nice.

IS-60 is also a very good choice but it imposes constraints on MB and ram height..;)

Fruergaard

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
We all agree that most of us will prioritize GFX over CPU...;)

For AIO, be careful that too low pump speed won't be enough to cool anything..:D

As cpu cooler, you can also go Cryorig C7 cu..:) Should work pretty nice.

IS-60 is also a very good choice but it imposes constraints on MB and ram height..;)
I hope that EKWB knows what they are doing by allowing the pump to run at only ~450 rpm.
Even the 360 mm variant is stated with a low 450 rpm, which is much more restrictive than the 120 mm.
So I have pre-ordered the EKWB 120 mm in the hopes that the low RPM at idle and bigger pump/propeller than 645LT makes it the most silent AIO (I think the pump/propeller unit is similar in size to the DC-LT).
Though the stacking of tube inlet/outlet makes the CPU blok/pump ~53mm i height (2 mm comes from a plastic/metal part that is only for looks).

I also have the C7 (non CU as it's 2x price) coming in until the EKWB unit arrives :-)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I hope that EKWB knows what they are doing by allowing the pump to run at only ~450 rpm.
Even the 360 mm variant is stated with a low 450 rpm, which is much more restrictive than the 120 mm.
So I have pre-ordered the EKWB 120 mm in the hopes that the low RPM at idle and bigger pump/propeller than 645LT makes it the most silent AIO (I think the pump/propeller unit is similar in size to the DC-LT).
Though the stacking of tube inlet/outlet makes the CPU blok/pump ~53mm i height (2 mm comes from a plastic/metal part that is only for looks).

I also have the C7 (non CU as it's 2x price) coming in until the EKWB unit arrives :-)
Let's say EK is a new player in AIO. You will be kind of pioneer on this. Hoping it will be better than Predator especially on quality

Fruergaard

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
Let's say EK is a new player in AIO. You will be kind of pioneer on this. Hoping it will be better than Predator especially on quality
Yeah, I hope that some reviews may come out before they ship the unit.
If it's complete trash one may be able to cancel the order.

But my hopes are high. Predator was a bit of a flop, however also a more complex unit and with more features.
So hopefully the "simple" design of an AIO is possible for them :-)
Also having two AIO units flop would be embarrassing for premium company like EKWB.
The pump is based on their SPC pump which seems like a fine pump.

Though I would rather have payed 10-20 euros more for a good copper radiator so there would be no mixing of copper cold plate and aluminium radiator.
And no fan as I will likely use a NF-A12-25 :-)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah, I hope that some reviews may come out before they ship the unit.
If it's complete trash one may be able to cancel the order.

But my hopes are high. Predator was a bit of a flop, however also a more complex unit and with more features.
So hopefully the "simple" design of an AIO is possible for them :-)
Also having two AIO units flop would be embarrassing for premium company like EKWB.
The pump is based on their SPC pump which seems like a fine pump.

Though I would rather have payed 10-20 euros more for a good copper radiator so there would be no mixing of copper cold plate and aluminium radiator.
And no fan as I will likely use a NF-A12-25 :-)
I still think et predator was really great but it was plagued by way too many quality defaults.
Instead of AIO I was waiting from EK to create a competitor of Swiftech Apogee Drive II or Eisbaer LT, creating a middle compromise between big / powerful Apogee and small but weak & noisy eisbaer LT.

On top of that, keeping aluminium radiator with copper waterblock is still a non sense on long term.