Are fans under the video card necessary?

erotavlas

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
The card I wanted to get is a 2.7 slot card (ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition), but I think that wont allow me to add the fans at the bottoms of the case? Is this size card too big?

What do the fans at the bottom do? And can we get by without them without any serious thermal issues?

Do you guys have any alternative recommendations for 'quiet' non blower style cards that will allow for slim fans?

YESWEKEN

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2019
I think if you have a 2.7 (essentially 3 slot) card and the V6 side panels that have ventilation holes that extend down to the video card portion of the case, there should be no need for fans at the bottom. The v6 case feet are much nicer and elevate the case enough to breath while sitting on a desk.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I think if you have a 2.7 (essentially 3 slot) card and the V6 side panels that have ventilation holes that extend down to the video card portion of the case, there should be no need for fans at the bottom. The v6 case feet are much nicer and elevate the case enough to breath while sitting on a desk.a
Absolutely true. Got a strix rx 5700xt in the v6 and I didn't have huge thermal penalties going from open cardbox to v6.
I doubt slim fans would help in any way other than 2 degrees.

Reactions: erotavlas