Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

cm33ks

Case Bender
New User
Dec 5, 2020
Double checked MCP50X, physically it fits into Aquanaut water block. But more testing is needed

Maybe I missed it, but what's the status of the MCP50X. Does it work with the aquanaut? Am I better off with EK's VTX pump?

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
Maybe I missed it, but what's the status of the MCP50X. Does it work with the aquanaut? Am I better off with EK's VTX pump?

I can tell you in a week or two when my 3090 block arrives and I swap the MCP50X in my loop for a D5. I can mount the MCP50X on the aquanaut and then use a pressure tester to validate that it shouldn’t leak.

Reactions: Phreno and cm33ks

tonyadamsff

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2020
Update
Updated thumbscrews for AM4 sent out to those who have previously received ones that do not fit the AM4 back plate. And also sent out to SFFF testers (SFFF community privilege😉). You should receive email for tracking info.

If your thumbscrews are working just fine, you will not be receiving new thumbscrews. And you will not receive any email from us.
I haven't got a chance to install mine yet but I do receive the shipping notification for the new thumbscrews. Shall I hold off my installation to wait for them? Will the old thumbscrews damage my waterblock or I can install without them?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I haven't got a chance to install mine yet but I do receive the shipping notification for the new thumbscrews. Shall I hold off my installation to wait for them? Will the old thumbscrews damage my waterblock or I can install without them?
Suggest you wait. But by all means you try the original thumbscrews, our guess is that the threads do not match the AM4 backplate. That' why we are sending out replacements

Reactions: tonyadamsff

smik

Cable Smoosher
Mar 29, 2020
Question; is there any limit to the orientation when mounting on AM4?
Assuming you're looking straight at a mobo, will all of these work?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Question; is there any limit to the orientation when mounting on AM4?
Assuming you're looking straight at a mobo, will all of these work?

only the 2 on the left hand side. for the 2 on the right hand side you will not be able to screw down the block

Reactions: smik

tonyadamsff

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2020
Suggest you wait. But by all means you try the original thumbscrews, our guess is that the threads do not match the AM4 backplate. That' why we are sending out replacements

Confirmed the included screws doesn't work, it's too big for the AM4 backplate hole. Is it possible to buy (only) the screws myself, maybe from Amazon? Haven't received the new package and there's no tracking update since it left the original country. I don't mind buying screws personally so I don't have to open my mail box twice a day 🥺

Thank you for your amazing product!

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Confirmed the included screws doesn't work, it's too big for the AM4 backplate hole. Is it possible to buy (only) the screws myself, maybe from Amazon? Haven't received the new package and there's no tracking update since it left the original country. I don't mind buying screws personally so I don't have to open my mail box twice a day 🥺

Thank you for your amazing product!
You should be receiving the thumbscrews soon...We cannot use courier for the screws as it will cost too much. But we are using registered air mail.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Thank you! Does it work with AM4 backplate?
Yes the ones for LGA 775 115X will fit the AMD backplate. it's M3, standard sizing so any M3 screw would fit contrary to what is claimed above me.
As for delivery time, sure it will take much longer but the screws from Nouvolo also come from China, and I haven't received those yet either.
Not to mention it's said to be different screws altogether.

Reactions: tonyadamsff

tonyadamsff

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2020
Yes the ones for LGA 775 115X will fit the AMD backplate. it's M3, standard sizing so any M3 screw would fit contrary to what is claimed above me.
As for delivery time, sure it will take much longer but the screws from Nouvolo also come from China, and I haven't received those yet either.
Not to mention it's said to be different screws altogether.
Edit: Don't buy this. Only one of the fours screws can be fully tightened.

Thanks for the key info for M3! Here's what I found at Amazon, which arrives at Sunday:

M3 CPU Mount Screws turns out to be the magic word. Good luck to me that this would work!

Last edited: