Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Update : SFFF early testers (AM4) will get their updated thumbscrews also. Will mail to your original address directly. Let me know if there need to be changes. I am bulk procuring and will get some spares ?
WOW! do not expect that at all! I'm one of those that need to change shipping address, should I just send an email to support with my order details?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
It's easy, there are 4 holes in the DDC so i wired 4 LEDs in series with a current limiting resistor. Powered straight from the 12v, there is not much room inside the pump so RGB is going to be difficult.

You got details on leds and resistor? Interested in copying.

Reactions: Koxx5D

taquito

Caliper Novice
Aug 7, 2020
Just me triple checking if this is the correct way to mount the Aquanaut on AM4 before I destroy my brand new 5900X:

Help would be appreciated :)

ps: screws are very hard to go into the backplate.. is that supposed to be like that ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Just me triple checking if this is the correct way to mount the Aquanaut on AM4 before I destroy my brand new 5900X:

ps: screws are very hard to go into the backplate.. is that supposed to be like that ?
it's just the backplate, the screw doesn't touch the PCB at all so just go at it

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Is Aquanaut compatible with EK Velocity AMD mount?
I don't have a problem with the stock mount, I just already have EK Velocity installed.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Update
Updated thumbscrews for AM4 sent out to those who have previously received ones that do not fit the AM4 back plate. And also sent out to SFFF testers (SFFF community privilege😉). You should receive email for tracking info.

If your thumbscrews are working just fine, you will not be receiving new thumbscrews. And you will not receive any email from us.

Gnarled

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 27, 2020
Update
Updated thumbscrews for AM4 sent out to those who have previously received ones that do not fit the AM4 back plate. And also sent out to SFFF testers (SFFF community privilege😉). You should receive email for tracking info.

If your thumbscrews are working just fine, you will not be receiving new thumbscrews. And you will not receive any email from us.

Bought in late Oct, any way to verify if our thumbscrews are fine? Also is this gasket right? It seems way too loose and there's no channel that I can see for it to seat in.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Bought in late Oct, any way to verify if our thumbscrews are fine? Also is this gasket right? It seems way too loose and there's no channel that I can see for it to seat in.
  1. Take a picture of your thumbscrews - but I bet yours is the smooth one without the knurl or groove to use with screwdriver
  2. Put the mounting bracket on first and then place the gasket in second, then you'll see how it fits together

Phreno

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2020

is not hitting the RAM sticks with those 90° connectors?

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
depends on what RAM is used - if LPX then it should barely clears the RAM similar to my build (pic below). My TPV 90 degrees have installed height of 18mm whereas the Koolance is 20mm. Taller RAM and you'll need extender installed first before adding the adapter

Oh man, you aren't kidding about RAM clearances here on on the subreddit. Not that I thought you were, but I decided to chance it to see how it goes with my Crucial Ballistix and the same Alphacool 90deg fittings (interestingly, one TPV one brass because of my hodgepodge spare parts) without any extenders. They fit, but are definitely putting a little more pressure on the RAM sticks than I'd like-- just a little bit of flex on the nearest stick.

It fits, but I wouldn't recommend it!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Oh man, you aren't kidding about RAM clearances here on on the subreddit. Not that I thought you were, but I decided to chance it to see how it goes with my Crucial Ballistix and the same Alphacool 90deg fittings (interestingly, one TPV one brass because of my hodgepodge spare parts) without any extenders. They fit, but are definitely putting a little more pressure on the RAM sticks than I'd like-- just a little bit of flex on the nearest stick.

It fits, but I wouldn't recommend it!