Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Please note there definitely should not be any sloshy/bubbly noise from the loop if it is "fully" bled. If you still hear that, it is not fully bled. And as mentioned before in this thread, it can affect flow rate significantly (reduction by more than 20%). Having more angled fittings will definitely make it harder to get them bubbles out. As always, patience ?

matador1182

Chassis Packer
Feb 16, 2020
Mine arrived yesterday and the pump arrived today so here's my build

I moved to aquanaut from DC-LT combo, definitely see the extra water pressure in DDC, though it is noisy but not as annoying high pitch as DC-LT at high speed. Any suggestion to reduce DDC noise, I'm running it at 25-30% somewhat audible especially with water sloshing sound, I made sure to bleed it thoroughly for air bubbles but still hear water sloshing, is this normal? I also tried laying the pump flat and notice the sloshing sound stop. I'm using ek 3.2 DDC pwm

The fitting at the bottom is that a quick disconnect?

matador1182

Chassis Packer
Feb 16, 2020
So I noticed the nickel coating on my cold plate was starting to flake a little bit near the mounting screws, and I want to play it safe

Could I use either EK supremacy MX or Supremacy Evo cold plates? Cause they are slightly different, I do believe mounting holes are the same:

ta22175

Cable Smoosher
Jun 25, 2020
hey, have you got your Aquanaut? I'm interested in whether this stays below 55mm as I can get the Bitspower's equivalent locally ?

I have mine in an Sliger SM580 which has a 55mm cooler clearance. With fittings installed, it is about 53-54mm (hard to measure when it is installed). The fittings I am using are an EK 8mm extender from the CPU block and a Koolance low-profile 90° adapter on top of that.

I have more details and pictures in my reddit post here:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I have mine in an Sliger SM580 which has a 55mm cooler clearance. With fittings installed, it is about 53-54mm (hard to measure when it is installed). The fittings I am using are an EK 8mm extender from the CPU block and a Koolance low-profile 90° adapter on top of that.

I have more details and pictures in my reddit post here:
I think you misunderstood my question. It was specific to these fittings:
Bitspower G1/4" Deluxe White Q Plus-Rotary IG1/4"X4 Extender

Barrow Rotary Metalic Cube Tee - 4Way model: TX4T-A01

ta22175

Cable Smoosher
Jun 25, 2020

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
You're right -- I read your question out of context, but I might be able to answer your actual question. I have the Bitspower quad adapter you pictured -- it will put the block above 55mm -- closer to 58mm
great! thanks for confirming. so that's 1 more option struck down for me haha

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
BTW, if you guys have time appreciate if you could write some product reviews for this.

AMD AM4:

Intel 115X:

hwytodangerzone

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2020
Can someone ELI5 the jet plate for me? Found out about this and ordered one last week, but I'm confused by the optional jet plate, and how I would decide if I needed to use it or not. Thanks!

Reactions: Vatzz

Crushader

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
I'd at least give it a try. Maybe try to "sweep" from off to something above 50% and turn it off again.
Do this a few times and try some other methods you can come up with :D
Then let it run for 12 hours or so on around 70%, I personally wouldn't go as high as 100% on the ddc with such a short loop.
After that I usually shake the build and do the sweeping again to see if there is still something left.
Then run again for around 12h on higher pwm and close it up.

But maybe others can also chime in on this matter :)
I think I've even read something about bubbles getting stuck in the impeller here in this thread.

Did some more bleeding last 2 nights, about an hour to two hours each, just 'sweeping' between 100% to 0% to push the air bubbles out, got a lot of big ones out, I definitely see there are some air in the coolant as the pump goes, tiny bubbles surfaced. The pump isn't making the noise as much anymore, thanks a bunch!