Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
OK then, any ideas on what AM4 bracket to get for the block now that Zen 3 is really tempting ? Preferably taobao or aliexpress since I can get it in less than 10 days when buying from those sites

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Zen 3 confirms that it will use AM4...no new mounting standards...
I mean, since fabio pointed out that the EK mounting bracket is not ideal, I may need to source it somewhere else. Can you or anyone else link the appropriate mounting bracket ?
Edit: reading a few posts back, found your link. Will give it a try

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I mean, since fabio pointed out that the EK mounting bracket is not ideal, I may need to source it somewhere else. Can you or anyone else link the appropriate mounting bracket ?
I don't think fabio's opinion mean that the mounting bracket affects the performance of Aq. I understand that his suggestion is to having easier installation of the coldplate + o-ring + bracket, and without the o-ring slipping out of place during installation.

But the stock bracket and kit should allow secure fitting if all the parts are placed properly. Correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know if anything you feel is "unusable", then I can go ahead to fix it...

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I don't think fabio's opinion mean that the mounting bracket affects the performance of Aq. I understand that his suggestion is to having easier installation of the coldplate + o-ring + bracket, and without the o-ring slipping out of place during installation.

But the stock bracket and kit should allow secure fitting if all the parts are placed properly. Correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know if anything you feel is "unusable", then I can go ahead to fix it...

Hey Nouvolo, I don't mean to belabor this too much but I'm also curious. If I had, for example, a Noctua Secufirm Intel mounting kit lying around, I could mount the AQ onto it right? My understanding was that the block itself is platform agnostic, but just happens to come bundled with only one or the other mounting.

I only ask because I got a little shellshocked by the pricetag on Zen 3, so am considering limping along on my 7700K for another year or two :]

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The bracket is not ideal because it doesn't keep in place the gasket. The included one is fine, I have no issue with it!
Only the mounting screws and system I found it too bulky.
Using the EKWB velocity one with the Velocity backplate was simply perfect to me!
I want to try to use the velocity coldplate as well, but is thicker though so don't know if the height will be still ok!

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
The bracket is not ideal because it doesn't keep in place the gasket. The included one is fine, I have no issue with it!
Only the mounting screws and system I found it too bulky.
Using the EKWB velocity one with the Velocity backplate was simply perfect to me!
I want to try to use the velocity coldplate as well, but is thicker though so don't know if the height will be still ok!
OK, I will try find different/better mounting screws for later iterations. ?

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
OK, I will try find different/better mounting screws for later iterations. ?

Voicing my support for this.

I imagine we can all source thumb-screws independently that match the threading, but I did find them to have less-than-ideal clearance around the block. Some kind of knurling or grip would be awesome, too—or a screw head of some kind? Can't seem to find any references for the latter, at the moment (besides the Apogee Drive II... and those are a different style, entirely).

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I’m using the AC mount. Much better due then hex screw heads and the backplate is easier to install.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Mounting screws update:

If found these, let me know what you think. Please note that I need to find appropriate for mounting as well as the availability (to obtain in bulk and with stable supply).

View attachment 822
Intel 115X

View attachment 823
AMD AM4
Looks great! How long are they? I might be interested in ordering a kit for my aquanaut + a spare for a DIY project if the dimensions fit my needs.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Looks great! How long are they? I might be interested in ordering a kit for my aquanaut + a spare for a DIY project if the dimensions fit my needs.
If it looks ok to you guys, let me get some samples from the factory and test them out myself first. Better check the quality and the actual thing first before switching over.