Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Swiftech.
Or Barrow. Good for this price.
Thanks! Swiftech is sadly near impossible to find here in Sweden, but I actually hadn't spotted that Barrow made DDC pumps, so I'll likely get one of those. Those prices are too good to pass by.

BCGA.tech

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2020
Noob question here: all ddc have the same height?
Because I'm thinking what is the smallest pump that you can fit in this block.
The dc-lt 2600 is compatible?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks! Swiftech is sadly near impossible to find here in Sweden, but I actually hadn't spotted that Barrow made DDC pumps, so I'll likely get one of those. Those prices are too good to pass by.
What’s the problem with the LAING?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
What’s the problem with the LAING?
... did I say there was a problem with those? I was asking which versions people would recommend, the post I then responded to mentioned Swiftech and Barrow. Thus that is what I wrote about. The PWM versions of Laing's own-branded pumps (at least the ones I've found) are far more expensive than the Barrow though. Close to 2x the price. Which makes the Barrow well worth a try.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Aquanaut is now officially launched and available

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
... so I'm trying to place an order, and... Sweden isn't an option for shipping? ???
Fill in your shipping address as normal, then pick country as Germany. Then DM me what order number, and I will change back to Sweden. I may later open up SWE for public (with higher shipping cost) but I need to assess the shipping cost... It may cost more than other EU countries (from HK), due to less cargoes

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
... did I say there was a problem with those? I was asking which versions people would recommend, the post I then responded to mentioned Swiftech and Barrow. Thus that is what I wrote about. The PWM versions of Laing's own-branded pumps (at least the ones I've found) are far more expensive than the Barrow though. Close to 2x the price. Which makes the Barrow well worth a try.

laing ddc-pump 12v ddc-1t plus pwm

Check that one out

Reactions: AP2

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Order placed, and an official thank you to @Nouvolo for being very helpful :) Guess I had amazing timing refreshing the site at just the time orders went live :p

laing ddc-pump 12v ddc-1t plus pwm

Check that one out
Yeah, I've looked at those, and I'm still considering whether to splurge on an original (around 900 SEK) or go for the Barrow (around 500 SEK). The price of the Barrow makes it mighty tempting, but I have no doubt the quality is worse. Noise is my main concern.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Order placed, and an official thank you to @Nouvolo for being very helpful :) Guess I had amazing timing refreshing the site at just the time orders went live :p

Yeah, I've looked at those, and I'm still considering whether to splurge on an original (around 900 SEK) or go for the Barrow (around 500 SEK). The price of the Barrow makes it mighty tempting, but I have no doubt the quality is worse. Noise is my main concern.

Nothing wrong with going with the proven pump even if it is more expensive. You know that you are getting quality product. If anything, I would not cheap out on the pump.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Nothing wrong with going with the proven pump even if it is more expensive. You know that you are getting quality product. If anything, I would not cheap out on the pump.
Oh, absolutely, pumps are quite well known to fail after all. I currently have one AliExpress shopping cart open with a barrow pump + 240mm rad + some fittings, and one at aquatuning.se with an Aquacomputer Quadro, Laing DDC-1T Plus PWM and a 280mm Alphacool rad. The price difference for the parts available at both is nearly 2x, but ... I'm still not quite sure. I want the 280, but fitting it in the side of the NR200 might be more of a challenge than I really want (and even the 240 will be an improvement as it will be replacing a 120 in my current loop). Then again I need both the Quadro and the Barrow fittings, so I need to order something from both places. Decisions, decisions.

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
Yeah, those are nice. I'm thinking of ordering this though, as that mini-res top might come in handy for some future project.
For res i chose this this. The reservoir will be secured behind the radiator. The radiator will be installed behind the body on a special frame. I am still waiting to receive all the parts of my future build. In the meantime, I only have this. In the last photo the rad frame is waiting for painting.

Last edited: